Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lockin up liquid dread shampoo

jason lafleur
@jason-lafleur
11 years ago
6 posts
Hi i recently got a lockin up dread shampoo from bucks county wondering if anyone has directions for use or just use it as i would regular liquid shampoo, should i use it on all my hair or focus on the scalp?
updated by @jason-lafleur: 01/13/15 09:51:45PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I too use her shampoo instead of bars. I think it is better for dreads on their journey. So just put some on your hands, then gently massage the scalp with fingertips, you can wipe your hands gently down the sections if you want, but when you rinse it out, it will run through the sections on its own. I love it, used BS for my first year and then this ever since. ...Peace

jason lafleur
@jason-lafleur
11 years ago
6 posts
Thank you so much also if anyone could answer another question for me, i have terrible dandruff i started out using nothing on my hair to dread just rinsing with water 1-2 times a week then i found dreadlocksite and purchased soap from bucks county the teatree and rosemary shampoo bar along with the locking up pink himalayian spray, i also rinse with cold cold water when i use the bar, will the liquid shampoo be better for getting rid of dandruff should i deep cleanse the next time i wash to completely eliminate dandruff then start using the bar or liquid, ive always had a problem with dandruff even with washing everyday when i wasnt trying to grow dreads but its pretty bad now and very visible kinda embarrising but i know it tends to come with dreads, just need help to control or get rid of :)
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

deep cleanse and let it sit on there. It will exfoliate the scalp completely..Make sure you give the hair a good good rinse to wash all the loose scalp skin out. When you think it is all rinse out, you can even fill up the tub and soak your head, bring in a book or some good tunes and just relax. Dandruff does not come with dreads, I don't have a problem with it. That is why it is good to BS sometimes, it exfoliates without scrubbing the scalp.

Always Always finish off with a cold head rinse after each wash, as cold as you head can take, this is a good dandruff solution. You can also add the following essentntial oils to your BS mix: Rosemary essential oil helps with dandruff, makes hair grow long is smells pleasant, Tea Tree Oil is an antiseptic that helps with dandruff, kills bacterial and best of all keeps lice out of dreads.

I mix a some drops of these oils & peppermint into a small spray bottle and mist my hair & scalp daily....Peace

jason lafleur
@jason-lafleur
11 years ago
6 posts
Thnk you once again, should i follow a deep cleanse recipe on this site, i know it includes baking soda and aplle cider vinegar along with rosemary and tea tree ive just never used this method before and not very savy on the recipe
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form