dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BEAT THE HEAT!?!

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

Hey guys :)

so i live in GA and its gone from freezing to burning up this week. i am noticing that having dreads is kinda like wearing a wool blanket on my head lol. what do some of you guys do to keep from getting too hot. the only thing ive found so far is wearing it pretty much on the top of my head. which is crazy cool. but i was wondering what my other options might be or what ideas you guys have. i bet SE could use them as a blanket...

im going to have dreads forever so i can have a dready blanket :D

updated by @knotlady: 02/03/18 11:37:29PM
AJ3
@aj3
11 years ago
3 posts
I miss GA! I moved to NY in July and I'm tired of the cold and snow already, lol.
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

holy cow! thats really cold! not sure if i could handle that! ill remember this next time i want to complain about the heat lol

Robyn said:

Wish I knew...its been in the low teens all week :/ I want heat!! Haha
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i bet that was a major climate change! i would miss GA too!

AJ said:

I miss GA! I moved to NY in July and I'm tired of the cold and snow already, lol.
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

oh lord you live in Alaska? i bet you are cold. where are you moving to? yeah ive got cousins in Cali and they freak out when they visit because of the humidity and bugs. they say "in Cali, the bugs run away from you not towards you!". lucky bastards lol. ive heard Cali has the best climate.

Robyn said:

Ive lived in Alaska for 2 1/2 years and I will NEVER complain about heat again! Hahhahaa Iea went to visit my sister in California Some months ago it was like in the hundreds and dry heat...I was in heaven!!! Ahh I cant wait to move in June :D but with more mature dreads I can only imagine.... I bet that does get SUPER hot...
matt krantzberg
@matt-krantzberg
11 years ago
20 posts
I live in Southern California. I hate the heat. but for the most part we have some good weather so just putting hair up in a bun is usually enough relief for me. if it gets really hot I'll just stick my head under the water hose and get my mane wet. it will help for a little while.
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

ya i was thinking wet hair would feel nice. i hated it in the winter but it would be nice now! i didnt wash as much as i wanted this winter because it was cold and cold dreads feel really icky. especially if the middle is still wet...

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

awesome. i feel you, the beach is the best. and that sounds like some crazy pollution. i have heard its bad in the cities. apparently in china the air is almost deadly in some places. i saw a picture and was in shock.

Robyn said:

We're headed to Cape Cod MA :) Pretty excited! Miss having a beach you can actually swim in! I live on a little island so we are surrounded by water but obviously way to cold to get in lol. I grew up in Tennessee so I hear ya about the humidity. At this point I could care less hahaha bring on the heat! I have family in Fresno :/ the air there is sooo gross! Me and my son both got sick instantly! Was crazy.
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

SoCal isn't bad at all, chilling at 75 nice breeze, why not go to the beach with the kids tomorrow... why cause we can:) Can't wait to move back to Japan for some humidity!

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i wish we lived closer to the beach. closest one is 2 hours, but thats really not that far. cant wait to go to the beach!!

JavaLizard said:

SoCal isn't bad at all, chilling at 75 nice breeze, why not go to the beach with the kids tomorrow... why cause we can:) Can't wait to move back to Japan for some humidity!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form