Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any one who speaks/write german here? Questions over questions :-)

Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

Hi,

I write a few weeks ago my first Post here - Im new on my way to natural dreads and Im from germany and my english is worth.

I understand a lot "normal stuff" but all the special things we don`t learned the vocabular in school (btw: hehe this were very funny ;-))

So I need some help for understanding and Ive got a lot of questions and can`t write it in english in the way YOU can understand it, I think.

So, is anybody here, who can help me or its there any good german natural dreads site? I haven`t found one - this is the best here :-)

One of my question is:

I couloured my hair with natural henna - for a nice read head. Can I carry on? Or does this not work? Because natural Henna is like sand and I don`t know how to get this stuff out of my dreads hair?

My hair is very long (near my hips) - and I often have a kind of braid - if I started to dread, I had to wear my hair "openly" and what to do in the night?

Mhm....hope you understand my

Jule

updated by @jule: 01/13/15 09:50:50PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I wish I remembered more german from high school. My wife does, but she's asleep right now.

Henna needs to be mixed with a lot of water. I guess you did that. Just rinse it a lot. It will take time and patience to get it all out.

When you sleep, just throw your hair over the end of your bed, above your head. It should stay there most of the night, and be out of your way. Or you can sleep with it up in a tam. It's a nice slouchy hat that gives your hair enough freedom to move around. And it keeps your hair out of your way. The hat may fall off during the night, but at least it will stay on while you fall asleep and not be uncomfortable

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

Where in Germany are you? :D I recently moved to Berlin. My German isn't that great yet but I'll ask my boyfriend to help me write you :P

Ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher mit Henna, aber meiner Erfahrung nach, mit der Blondierung von Dreads, musst Du unbedingt auf nummer sicher gehen und ganz stark das Faerbemittel auswaschen. Und mit den Haaren, die werden immer weiter dreaden, egal welchen style Du hast, ist nicht so wichtig, kannst die Haare zusammen binden und so weiter, aber fuer mich war es am besten die Haare immer offen zu tragen und es funktioniert immer noch am besten :)

hope its enough :D

Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

Thanks a lot Baba Fats and Sunflower. I`m very excited about my way with the dreads. Hope I can ask my questions with my bad english or write some PN`s if this works for you.

Tomorrow i wash my hair the first time without combing half an hour after ;-) My husband is very interested too, how this looks and work.

Soon I make some pictures and show you.

Sunflower: I live near Karlsruhe in the Black Forrest - 600km away from Berlin. I`ve got some Friends in Berlin. Its such al nice City and very cool for living there :-)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I grew up with Russian and Polish immigrants all around me. I think I can handle broken english. Feel free to message me, if you want, though. I'll see if my wife can helpinterpret

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Google translator is a awesome tool. just type in what u would say in german and it will convert it to the best english translation then just copy and paste. also works the other way. it will convert from english to german :)
Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

Thanks a lot - all of you

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sie knnen versuchen, los zu Google Translate und Schreiben alles in deutscher Sprache. Dann bersetzen Sie das alles in Englisch, dann kopieren Sie einfach und fgen Sie ihn auf Ihrer Post. Vielleicht hilft Ihnen dabei. Frieden

You can try going on to Google Translate and writing it all out in German. Then translate it all into English, then just copy and paste it onto your post. Perhaps this will help you. Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form