dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Greasy hair after baking soda wash.

Jon Arenam
@jon-arenam
11 years ago
2 posts

Hi, I am new to this website.

I just have a question. Is it normal to have greasy hair after washing with baking soda + lavender oil and also apple cider vinegar? I tried the lavender oil for the first time yesterday and my hair is kind of greasy and it is like I haven't washed for a week even though I just washed it. Thanks!

updated by @jon-arenam: 01/13/15 09:50:45PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

is the lavender oil pure essential oil? how much of it did you use? how much acv did you use? i have normally oily hair & had to skip the acv at first & then gradually add very little back into my washing routine so you may have to tweak your recipe slightly.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how did u mix it how was it done are u sure what u have is lavander essential oil

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

sometimes too much baking soda can make your hair over produce oil. too much acv can do it too. and adding too much oil. lets hear the mix so we can help out.

Jon Arenam
@jon-arenam
11 years ago
2 posts

I put 7 drops of lavender oil (maybe it was too much) and 7 tablespoons of baking soda with cold water of course. Then I rinsed really well and then used ACV. I have a bottle of ACV in my shower so I don't have to keep measuring all the time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form