Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dread are realy itchy...i whant to wash em, but i dont know is it ok..?

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Okey, so i got my dreads 2days+ ago, and my head is realy itchy..before dreads i was washing about 2 time a week max, and it wasnt itchy at all...so i know that his is because of new dreads and i need to get used to this, and after some weeks it wount be so itchy any more..but still ,can i wash my head with baking soda after 2days i got my dreads..?

Dreads was made with crochet hook, and im afraid, that after i wash all my head will be veryvery messy and my dreads will be gone :/

updated by @jokubas-bauza: 01/13/15 09:49:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

why oh why did u use a crochet hook thats ah ecvil method and will make them tchy for 6 months to as year

wash them let them get messy and hope they are gone so they can dread right and not be so itchy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

afyter u wash take an aloe vera plant split a leaf in 1/2 wipe it oin each dread

--
jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Well, i know its bad way to get dreads, but you now...half people in this world who dont get dreads naturaly make them with crochet, and i didn't heard anywhere exept here, that this is so bad...so i coudn't knew the damage...but i think i wount wash my head to make my new dreads gone...i will wash em with baking soda, ill try to use aloe and etc, but no, i wount destroy there dreads.

Also, you sayd "let them get messy and hope they are gone so they can dread right" by this you mean let my hair get normal again (wash them and destroy my new made dreads?), and then start to use bakingsoda for hair wash and wait till i get my dreads naturaly...it will take ages, and by then, after seeing my head all messy i may not want em anymore and i will have to cut of hairs...and it takes alot of time...im not predictable men, so i never can know what/where and when i will do somehting..

soaring eagle said:

why oh why did u use a crochet hook thats ah ecvil method and will make them tchy for 6 months to as year

wash them let them get messy and hope they are gone so they can dread right and not be so itchy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well no yiud love the natural process and hy happen faster naturaly then by crochet

and are alot softer

but no if they loosen up alot and get messy they will dread way faster

--
jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Whell, then today i will wash my hair with baking soda and im realy hope that i wount lose them..yes, i wont use crochet again, but i dont whant lose my new dreads...so i hope i wount...
soaring eagle said:

well no yiud love the natural process and hy happen faster naturaly then by crochet

and are alot softer

but no if they loosen up alot and get messy they will dread way faster

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

First off, you don't have mature locks yet. Without a crochet hook, locks take about a year to reach maturity. They untangle and retangle forte first 6 or so months. With a crochet hook, you will have to add 6+ months to that till they are mature. No matter what method you use, locks will untangle a bit after the first wash, and second and third, etc... But they retangle in between each wash.

Don' worry if they get a little messy. If you left them for a month before washing them, they'd still be messy when you washed. So there's no reason to wait any specific length of time.

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

Whatever you do, DO NOT go back for any type of maintenance! DO NOT do any maintenace whatsoever! The only maintenance you need to do is keep them clean! Let them recover and lrt them alone other than washing!

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Thansk for replays, now im 100% sure i will only wash them with baking soda. I wount do any croched fix or anything..i may only try sometimes gently rub my dreads with my hand or dry care that mess. Also, i will use aloe vera for removing some mess on my head, but nothing more..also, how often you would offer use aloe vera? Let say i put aloe on every dread, wait till the oil get in to my dreads and go sleep, and in morning wash my head? Also, i should use aloe only 1 time per month, or i can do that every week or so? Thanks again all for your help, i love this community and members who help!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form