dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

traction alopecia horror!

frederic masure
@frederic-masure
11 years ago
15 posts

HELLO THERE,

I HAVE BEEN READING ALOPECIA HORROR STORIES (AND SOME PICTURES TO GO WITH THAT) AND I DO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT, BUT NOT AS SEVERE.

IN THE SIX YEARS WITH DREADS NOW I WENT EVERY 7 OR 8 MONTHS TO A LOCTITIAN TO HAVE THEM "FIXED". MY LAST VISIT WAS IN JUNE. SHE MADE MY ROOTS SO TIGHT I HAD THIS KIND OF CHESS PATTERN ON MY HEAD, YOU COULD SEE EVERY SEPARATE ROOT AND FOR THE FIRST TIME A LOT OF SCALP WAS SHOWING. NEED I SAY IT HURT LIKE HELL?

THAT WAS WHEN I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT SO I DID SOME RESEARCH AND STUMLBLED ON THIS SITE. ON THE PATH TO RECOVERY NOW.

THE CHESS PATTERN IS FADING AWAY, THE SIDES AND BACK OF MY HEAD HAVE RETURNED TO NORMAL, BUT THE TOP OF MY HEAD STILL SHOWS A PRETTY BIG PART AND AT THE VERY TOP I STILL HAVE SCALP SHOWING!

I CAN SEE SMALL HAIRS GROWING IN BETWEEN BUT I CAN ONLY HOPE IT WILL FILL UP. DAMN YOU LOCTITIANS FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF UNINFORMED PEOPLE AND THANK YOU GUYS HERE FOR HELPING OUT!

LET'S HOPE IT'S NOT TOO LATE...

updated by @frederic-masure: 01/13/15 09:49:09PM
Medusaa
@medusaa
11 years ago
10 posts
If you see an improvement already then it's not too late...how long have you been in recovery for?A couple of things you can do to help: massage your scalp regularly to encourage blood flow, add rosemary to your routine (either pure essential oil or you can make a tea), and grab some biotin at your local pharmacy. All pretty cheap and will help you recover faster. A little love doesn't hurt either :)I'm sure others here have more suggestions. Best wishes on your recovery.
Medusaa
@medusaa
11 years ago
10 posts
Haha you said it was june...I should probably pay more attention :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you have been paying attention that was great advice also pepermint cinimon any oil s that will stimulate bloodflow to the scalp and hair folicules

the tighteness kills the bloodflow which alows the folicule the only living part of the hair to die

u were damaged but nit permenntly it would take years to get to a no recovery point

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
frederic masure
@frederic-masure
11 years ago
15 posts

THANKS FOR THE KIND ADVICE I THINK MY RECOVERY IS GOING PRETTY WELL MY NEW GROWTH IS DREADING, FORMING LOOPS AND BUMPS AND ALL. THERE IS ALSO SOME OF THE LOCTITIAN DREADS THAT ARE BUMPING AND LOOPING REALLY HAPPY WITH THAT.

THANX!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form