dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting natural dreads!

deathwish
@deathwish
11 years ago
17 posts

Greetings,
I want to start dreading my hair naturally and do some by the method of twist n rip but some things are still unclear and misunderstood.A few days ago I made my first dreadlock ever by the T&R method and thought about doing the rest (except a few) naturally!

my first question would be how do i start? I washed my hair today so do I just leave them like that and wash them with baking soda in like, 3 days? How do I wash it with the baking soda, do I just pour the powder on my hair and rinse? I tried to read about it but I don't get it lol

after I wash them, can i run my fingersthrough? and how much time do I have to wait until I wash them again?my hair is curly/wavy, will my dreads tend to wave as well and be more likely to zig-zag and have loops?I have a lot of questions but I literally want to know everything from like A to Z lol

thanks in advance :)

updated by @deathwish: 01/13/15 09:48:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no dont run your fingers through thats like combing

yea just leave em

the tnr dreads will get just as loopy and zig zaggy as the natural ones but all will straighten out eventualy

the bs/acv\

mix 1-10 ratio so 1/2 cup to 5 cups 1/4 to 2 1/2 or 1 cup bs to 10 cups water stir well breaking up clumps

pour over wet dreads/hair

soak 10 min (longer if very dirty or scalps messed up)

rinse be sure to rinse out the bs b4 going to acv

mix 1-2 capfulls in 5 cups water (when more mature use same ammount acv as u did bs)

pour on then rinse right away (when mature soak 2-3 min then rinse)

wash as often as u feelk you want to just max eveey 2 days min once a week..every 3-4 is a good average

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
deathwish
@deathwish
11 years ago
17 posts

I'm not sure what's the acv? thank you very much for the info!

when i'm finished washing them, can i gently pat my hair with a towel so that some water will be taken out? I don't want a lot of water dripping out of my hair.

also, seeing that its winter in canada, would putting a beanie onwreckthe dreading process? will the wind from riding on my longboard do the same?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

apple cider vinager

shake em out then air dry or sit by a fan

a beannies too tight a tams a better option

no wind will create tangles youd need a huricane or tornado forece wind to undo knots

if your longboard hits 90 miles an hour then it might.but i hope ypu wear a helmit at that speed cause a peble wil cause brain dammge..and slowed dreading isnt worrth having to re-learn how to tie your shoes

--
deathwish
@deathwish
11 years ago
17 posts

apple cider vinegar, got it!! :D it's not actually a beanie, it's a rasta tam i believe! I didn't knew the right term was tam, thanks for that!

i guess i thought it would tangle more with the wind because my hair gets pretty tangled all the time

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup the wind will help it dread

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form