Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Even though it's been 2 years I never figured out how to clean my hair.

nini2
@nini2
11 years ago
5 posts

I AM SO BADDDDDDDDD I need to correct my mistakes NOW!

First, I have and always had dandruff before dread locks and i still have not figured out what to do about it other than use dandruff shampoo which I know is horrible for hair. What do I do? I've done everything google suggested before i had dreads even - all the kitchen oils, lol, tee tree oil, etc. does not WORK!!!!

WHAT DO I DOOO??

I've just been using, so far, a tee tree oil soap and another organic soap from etsy with a few ingredients that's suppose to help dandruff (i think stuff like rosemary? i dont even remember) with no results whatsoever. I have never been able to cure my dandruff. Is it possible even?

ALSO DREAD MOLD!!!

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIIIIIKE? and if you have it...can you get rid of it?!?!?!?!?!

Ive always had a problem with fuzz getting stuck in my hair but didnt think it was a big deal until just now. I was trying to get some of it off when I realized it seemed to just keep going..in..hard to get it out...erm is that what dread mold looks like...? kinda like fuzz...? im scared im scared. someone tell me I didnt ruin my head and dont have to chop it all off? o god........ someone tell me some reassuring words pleeease :( omg omg

I will try and be patient waiting for some words from a more experienced dread head.... *_*

oh and i've never used wax or any product before... please help

updated by @nini2: 01/13/15 09:48:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda acv teatree rosemary and..cold not hot water

thats a deep clean but u dont mix the bs and acghv use them seperately

then try the teatree rosemasry bar from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

mold youd smell it would smell like mold or mildwew dreadlockshampoo will have a mold remover soon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

the fuzz is probably lint. its kinda inevitable. the soaps you are using might not be residue free and is built up. causing flaking and dandruff. the deep clean bs/acv will help. instead of rinsing your hair with it, you could put bs in your bath and saok and squeeze your locks while your in the water. i did this when i felt my dreads might be grimey and it helped. i used about a cup maybe more of bs with enought water to lay down and soak my hair. then rinse that really good and when your sure its all out, do a gallon rinse with about a cup of vinegar. white if you feel its really gunky. usually use apple cider vinegar. rinse that out after a minute. if you think you have mold (i thnk i do in a couple dreads) you can kill it with vinegar and also clove oil kills mold but you have to be careful with it because it will burn you if not dlituted.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

I'm not sure what dread mold looks like, sorries. :(

As for your dandruff situation...well, as a last resort, maybe you could try dandruff shampoo, but dilute it down a bit? Yeah, it really isn't great for your hair, but dandruff isn't great for your scalp, so using the shampoo may be worth it if you've already tried the alternatives. Good luck.

nini2
@nini2
11 years ago
5 posts

Sorry for the late reply everyone

im willing to try the baking soda and apple cider viniger rinse is it supposed to be two seperate washes?

i HAVE tried apv beforei had dreadlocks and that never worked sooo...hope someone can elaborate further for me thanks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes

1 cup baking soda to every 10 cups water (1/2 cup to 5)

add 10 drops teatee 30 drops lavender and 30 droops rosemary

pour on soak 10 minures

then rinse (cold water))

then mix tge same ammount acv and water opiour on soak 3 min then rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form