Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Valystra Jae
@valystra-jae
11 years ago
10 posts

I'm a day or two over 1 month of natural dreading. (I have some twist and rip cause i got impatient)

I have sectioned pretty much the entirety of my head. BUT my roots are dreading very quickly, i am finding that within days my hair is attempting a congo.. even though they are tied with small elastics.

Some parts of my hair at at the point of cutting to separate. My hair is quite curly and i am finding it extremely difficult to have any sort of control over what is happening at my roots.

What can i do? When i wash it just gets tighter and harder to separate :(

Heres a picture.

updated by @valystra-jae: 02/14/15 07:51:47AM
Gareth Wilson
@gareth-wilson
11 years ago
8 posts

i did twist and rip when i was a month intheywere doing the same. after i washed them i would just rip them apart, once they were apart i just kept on top of i,t after a few more months it slowed down alot im now atnearly2 years and its not a problem at all

Valystra Jae
@valystra-jae
11 years ago
10 posts

I'm finding my twisted and ripped ones are doing okay ... Its just like i get it all cleaned up.. go to bed.. next day its all knotted together again, which i know is somewhat normal but its all in my roots... they wont stay apart! Some of its okay, but i am getting big portions of hair forming together, sometimes within a day.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

how close to the scalp? its normal for it to be kinda knotted together closer to your head.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

take out the elastics! and just seperate moeee some fast dreading hior needs to vbe seperated daily

but the elastics arent helping u only hurting u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

First, take those elastics. IF you are trying to use them to keep the sections, it won't halp. Instead everything will get sucked into congos. Use beads to help keep them seperated. If you're washing 3 times a week cut it back one. I think I'd stay at every other day just to speed it up.

Valystra Jae
@valystra-jae
11 years ago
10 posts

Like right on it, like my hair is growing knots. It isnt growing with the dreads at all - just all together. I will be taking out the elastics today.

KnotLady said:

how close to the scalp? its normal for it to be kinda knotted together closer to your head.

Valystra Jae
@valystra-jae
11 years ago
10 posts

I dont wash more thantwice a week.I will take the elastics outtoday -can the beads be put on any part of the hair? Or closer or further away from the scalp.

Doogie said:

First, take those elastics. IF you are trying to use them to keep the sections, it won't halp. Instead everything will get sucked into congos. Use beads to help keep them seperated. If you're washing 3 times a week cut it back one. I think I'd stay at every other day just to speed it up.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Either way is fine. To keep the sections separated, towards the tops is best.
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

its normal to have knotting that close. there are tutorials on separating in the videos section.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form