Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Justin Parrish
@justin-parrish
15 years ago
2 posts
hey, my names justin and ive been locking up for 6 months now. Anything i should know?
updated by @justin-parrish: 02/14/15 11:38:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea lots1 are you crocheting? if so i advise you stop right away crochet causes severe dammage wich needs to be fixed by crochet so even years from now your dreads will be very high maintenance and weakdid u use wax? if so..go to extreme measures to remove it (info in links at top of front page)9basicly with dreads the less you do the better..over maintaining takes years off theyre lifespan and causes them to be weak and dammaged.other then that keep em clean let em do what dreads do and you cant go wrong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
^what he said,oh and avoid pillows with feathers in them >.<<br /> *shudders*lol this could be like a big list of things,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok looked at attached picbroght up more comments, look at how much exposed scalp u got and looks red, by 5 months you shouldnt have any exposed scalp unless your crocheting or interlocking (root flipping)as bad as crochet is interlockings far worse..everytime you root flip you create a very weak spot at the roots which breaks easily (relatively)your aslso screwing your natural dread process by artificualy removing the room your dread needs at the roots to dread and replacing it with a dread through a gap and weak spot (if thats only crochet your perforating the dread, breaking hairs making a weak spot and more broken hairs to work theyre ways out needing crochet to fix it)alternatives..do nothingdont root rub dont crochet dont interlockthey will look more like dreads, less manufacturesd, the hair at the scalp caused by ripping will prevent sunburned scalp and in time when it reaches the right length will either give birth to baby dreads (filling in the gaps caused by artifiucial sectioning causing a more natural blended look) or they will join existing dreadseither way its all part of healthy dreading processbackcombers tend to look at frizz loops lumos and bends as problems needing fixing, instead its all part of dreads becomming true dreadss..stop fighting the process and embrace it insteaddread maintenance typicaly should be seperating and washing and nothing else(the artificialy blunted ends too are way overrated, thyey slow dread drying alot double the time maybe tripple making them more mold proneloose tips draw water out like a wick so they dry much faster..mine are long and old so wityh loose tips take 36 hiurs, the few that blunted stay soggy wet long after the rest are dry

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
and velcro!!!!!!! Iain said:
^what he said,
oh and avoid pillows with feathers in them >.<<br /> *shudders*

lol this could be like a big list of things,

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
oof, >.< got that right if this taught us anything :) http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profiles/blogs/i-hate-velcro-p sorry for throwing ur blog out there :Poh and woods with lots of shrubs, that can suck to.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
mugworti got to a fest the parking was a feild of mugwort (2nd year mugwort has these sticky lil balls on it)i dropped something out the car door and leaned out to grab it..i came up with all my dreads stuck together in 1 massive knotty sticky dreaD HELD TOGETHER BY THOUSANDS OF MUGWORT STICKY BALLSit took 4 hours to seperate back into individual dreads and 4 days to pick out most of the balls

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
that sounds Terrifying, lol I had something similar happen,except mine were the sharp pointy "Stickers" we have in florida,uhh but don't ask why my face was on the floor where they grow to begin with, just make sure you watch out for those things, its like having your dreads stapled lmao.
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
15 years ago
81 posts
Welcome to the site!
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
15 years ago
101 posts
welcome to the site! everything youll ever need to know you will find it here, just rummage around for a while! :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form