Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Castile soap?

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Hi guys, sorry for the surge of messages I've been posting about this lately, but what is everyone's opinion on castile soap as a shampoo base? I have found some very basic, minimalistic shampoo concoctions with this as the main ingredient, but will it cause build up?

EG: Nothing Nasty - Organic tea tree castile soap.

Ingredients: Organic Liquid Castile Soap*, Sea Salt, Tea Tree Essential Oil*

I promise I'll shut up after this!

x

updated by @fimbul: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I thought the same thing too, I wanted to use castille soap as a base, but I wasn't sure either. But I have learned recently that they are not residue free and will not wash out completely, and Heather (expert here) said she does not like them because they leave soap scum, I assume that is residue.

Hopefully some one else will chime in too. And please don't ever "shut up", questions are good, we are all learning, if you ask it, no doubt some one else is thinking it.

peace and blessings.

Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Thank you for the reply Tim! :)

Ahhh noooo. Castile soap was my last hope at finding an alternative to BS and ACV washes. I am allergic to soy, which rules out products like Dr Bronners, and most other SLS free items - as most organic companies use it in some form because it is cheap and natural. I am UK based, so it is quite hard to find products that are safe to use, work in our water and won't cause build up. Doh!

Haha, thank you. I just sometimes feel like I'm going round in circles :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it depends on your water

its fine in soft water in hard water it wont work at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

uk..it wont work

do the dreadlockshampoo soaps have soy if so ask her if she can make a soy free 1 for ya

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fimbul
@fimbul
11 years ago
31 posts

Thanks SE. They don't but the locking gel does, I didn't realise until after I'd ordered it!

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form