Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What methods did these guys use?

Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
I'm sure these guys use different methods, but I'm just wondering...How did this guy grow dreads so fast? I remember I saw videos of him right before he had them with regular looking hair, so they can't be the natural method. I'm speculating if they might be twist and rips. They went from touring to him suddenly having dreads in a music video. (
) IDK maybe I'll just cantact him via their website.

This is him right before dreads BTW (far left)

...And how are these so... perfect? Crocheted? They almost look like braids.

Note: I'm not saying "How can I get my dreads to look like this?" I'm just curious as to what methods they used, if it's possible to find out by just looking.
updated by @antony: 01/13/15 08:30:02PM
Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
I'd say backcomb + wax..I notice how you said they look almost 'perfect', and how he went from not having dreads to having instant dreads.. Wax for sure.Plus, I've just noticed, that dread on the far right, you can tell its twisted at the top..., real dreads dont twist like that.. Because the wax is holding it like that. Plus they just have that overall dull / lifeless look that wax-locks have.
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
He's had them since 2002 O_OIf they are waxed, then those are lasting a long, long time for wax.I could see the second guy as having wax. They look waaaaay too perfect. Oniondog said:
I'd say backcomb + wax..
I notice how you said they look almost 'perfect', and how he went from not having dreads to having instant dreads.. Wax for sure.
Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
Second guy? I only see one...Oh and wax locks last as long as you want to put up with them..
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
The third picture Oniondog said:
Second guy? I only see one...

Oh and wax locks last as long as you want to put up with them..
Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
The third is an "Account Inactive" image from photobucket.
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts

You can tell that the first guy I posted does not use wax. Maybe he could be using an aloe gel.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hey, actually if you look at the transition between the Cloud Connected video and the Trigger video ander's hair went from being fairly long to locks of about similar length, the pic you showed was from ,,, uhh like clayman cd or I can't remember the other one,I think he probably did like a dreadperm or something,and idk about the 3rd picture, its not showin up 4 me, oh Amorphis, yeah I think he's just had his alot longer than Anders, and he just shaves the sides,lol, if you find out lemme know to I'm curious to.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Interestingly enough check out these two guys to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Balsamo and Jeremy Marshall
they both played for a band called Cold, I met them both and asked them about their locks around april after a few months of starting mineTerry just sectioned his and said he did alot of this and palm rolled his (his are long as hell now down his back)and Jeremy said he used to dye/spray his hair alot and after years of doing that his hair wanted to lock up naturally so easily so he just let it do its thing and separated them (oh btw I didn't check the video for sound quality so it might be bad quality but it gives u an idea of how his look my laptop is muted atm)
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
oops actually the video i meant to link was this one at 59secs in,not that its even relavent anymore, lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form