Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet method

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Namaste' fellow dreadies and welcome. I personally believe in cost free.. ..product free....natural dreads because they will last me a lifetime, but that is how long I will have mine, you may not want them for years.

Some of you start dreads for a style and only want them temporarily at this point in your life, so you don't have the time to wait for natural dreads to form, that is why you have chosen to use the crochet method and maintain them that way.

I won't know that when I read your profile, so please excuse me when I advise you of the dangers of the crochet method, I only have your dreads best interest at heart.

You are a fellow dreadie, a member of this community and I welcome you and your dreads.

updated by @the-barrellady: 01/13/15 09:46:44PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Well said. I always try to remind myself that some people only want their locks for the season because of whatever their reasons are. It's summer, they're going to festivals, whatever... Not everyone wants locks for life. That's completely understandable. That's a perfectly valid reason to crochet, use wax, or any other insta-locks method. It's a shame. I can't always go into detail about how much damage wax did to my first set. I hope that people read the dreaucation page and see my post there about what happened to me. If you don't get a chance to read it, please forgive me for not going into it in every comment. Please feel free to ask, though

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form