Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Rainbow Themed Baby Shower

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
11 years ago
91 posts

So my first gathering was last year's and I absolutely fell in love with it. I'm a little sad that this year's gathering is in Montana and I'm due July 20th. Not going to happen, that car ride from ohio 9 months preggo sounds awful. Anyways, I thought of a cute not replacement but homage? maybe would be a Rainbow themed babyshower.

Now none of my family has been to one, only a few of my in town friends know what it is, and it would have to be kid/grandma appropriate. Sadly no naked men waking around :sadface:

Throw ideas at me because I'm not sure how this would be pulled off. Especially relating the information to my mom who has never been to a gathering. Thankfully she's pretty alternative though, or at least supports my lifestyle.

One of her suggestions was if I have a girl (find out in 2 weeks) to have a Serentity/Zen themed shower since the current front runner in the name contest is "JaeyaSerenity." My concern with this is that having a Serenity themed shower would give my ILs another opening to convert me to Christianity. Bleh. Also if it's a Zen themed shower I would be concerned that they wouldn't come because anything that's not about Jesus is devil worship O.o. Seriously, there was so much drama around my wedding because I had a Science of Mind Rev. and I had a reading from the Tao Te Ching.

That's why I was thinking Rainbow would be a good theme since it's deeply spiritual but all inclusive, funky/psychodelic, and all around just gives you good vibes and happiness. Plus it represents how we want to raise our child and future children.

Suggestions welcome :)

updated by @aya-heartright: 01/13/15 09:46:21PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Tie-dye decor, organic veggie/vegan foods, organic all natural gifts. Emphasis on breast feeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, basically anything you plan on doing with your baby. Now, I've not been to a gathering yet, so this is more 'hippie' based, but it could work.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

go

give birth at the gathering

your baby will be extra special you will share a memory thats ireplacable

babies born at gatherings are some od=f the most amazing being possible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

This iframe is not allowed

--
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
11 years ago
91 posts

Going to the national gathering is def. something that I am going to have to meditate on. On the one hand it sounds amazing once I'm there, but there are tons of things I can say to rationalize not going too. One of them being then why am I driving an hour and a half for my midwife visits just so I can give birth in a moderately OK hospital setting? then again , there is noguaranteethat LO will want out during the gathering anyways. Babies come when they want to.

I'm sure I'll make a decision by June but going to the gathering anyways is def. something that keeps popping in my head. I'm going on a meditation retreat in May, maybe this is one thing that will be revealed to me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

go to www.rainbowgatherings.org post a expecting at a gathering post you will get lots of info and dvice froim o=thers who gve birth at gatherings

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form