Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff lumps/chunks

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I've been trying to wash really well this time around (my first time around I undid my dreads after 3 months) but I've got the "dandruff chunks" again, as I call them. I find them when I randomly go to touch a part of my scalp (not to itch necessarily) and I feel a small bump. When I find em I just pick at em with my nails till they're loose off my scalp (only takes a second), which can't be too good for dreading.

I'm currently using the tea tree rosemary shampoo bar from bucks county. I'm thinking of trying out a bs/acv wash, maybe that'll remove the crusted miniature lumps of dandruff off my scalp better than the bars? I've also used the liquid shampoo. I love both the bars and the liquid but these dandruff chunks just don't seem to be going away after washes. I also use cold water.

OH and all these dandruff chunks or lumps are mostly all located around my crowns (I have two), basically the area where I'd wear a yamaka if I were Jewish. They're not really located on any other part of my scalp.

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 01/13/15 09:45:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

are they white or yellowi9sh the color will determine the treatment doing a bs acv every so often isnt a bad idea tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

white. they're just like any other dandruff flakes but I guess maybe they're a few flakes that have come together

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well theres a dozen conditions misdiagnosed as dandruff often try the bs acv see how that works for ya id use the teatee bars most often just do the bs when its extra chunky

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

Oh ok. I'll try that out. thanks!

k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

I think i know what youre talking about. does you scalp feel sore, or does it ache in that area??

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

mmmmm.. not really. itchy sometimes but not sore or aching.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form