Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural/Neglect method?????

Devaney Roberts
@devaney-roberts
11 years ago
16 posts

okay so iwas just wondering (because im african american) how i could do the neglect method (just washing,) and not have my hair be dry without putting anything in it??? I really dont want my hair to break off and idk what to do

updated by @devaney-roberts: 01/13/15 09:43:54PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Get yourself a good non residue shampoo, first. The soaps from dreadlockshampoo.com are the best I've found so far.

African textured hair needs more moisture, I'm sure you already know. You can use jojoba oil (It's the closest thing to what your scalp naturally produces) and massage it into your scalp and even massage it into your locks. YOu don't need much. A little goes a long way.

Aloe (from the plant) works great too. Coconut oil is a great conditioner as well

Some people have had a lot of success with live oil. I'd recommend using that as a last resort.

Devaney Roberts
@devaney-roberts
11 years ago
16 posts

what if my hair is kinda dry even after i used what said??? is it okay for my hair to be alittle bit dry since i probably wont put anything on it but oil?

Baba Fats said:

Get yourself a good non residue shampoo, first. The soaps from dreadlockshampoo.com are the best I've found so far.

African textured hair needs more moisture, I'm sure you already know. You can use jojoba oil (It's the closest thing to what your scalp naturally produces) and massage it into your scalp and even massage it into your locks. YOu don't need much. A little goes a long way.

Aloe (from the plant) works great too. Coconut oil is a great conditioner as well

Some people have had a lot of success with live oil. I'd recommend using that as a last resort.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Thanks to baba I've been using jojoba for about two weeks. I have coarse very thick curls and the jojoba has made a world of a difference. I mix it with water and Rosemary in a spray bottle. Feels great. Good luck dread on :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its ok even prefferable to be a lil dry just not to the point of beingbrittle (he meant olive) if u use the bars not liquid from dreadlockshampoo u might nit nred much extra i wouldnt use the liquid wich is meant toi make it dryer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Devaney Roberts
@devaney-roberts
11 years ago
16 posts

Yea. i think im just feeling frizzies cuz when i feel my hair underneath ,its soft.i think i just have to tame my frizz cuz my hair aint crunchy or anything,it just feels frizzy

soaring eagle said:

its ok even prefferable to be a lil dry just not to the point of beingbrittle (he meant olive) if u use the bars not liquid from dreadlockshampoo u might nit nred much extra i wouldnt use the liquid wich is meant toi make it dryer

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form