Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new..sitewide translation

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thank you lonnie for helping with thisthe sites now easierr for people from many languages to use. on the right side of every page is a new translation tool. this will translate thye entire site to many languages.this however does not help them ask questions in english, so we still need to translate questions asked in other languages. however it will help them find answers more easily.it still needs testing thougfh. many online translaters give garbled translations.if you are multilingual and can test the translatiuon for accuracy please do..i need to know how useful this tool really is(once you translate any page then click a link it auto translates each page for you, the new link then looks like this (my page as example) http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/soaringeagle#googtrans/en/hr to go back to english you cant just close the tool you have to remove the #googtrans/en/hr from the url otherwise it keeps translating every page you click)(it adds that to end of every link code)i hope this helps dreadies worldwideif you test it and either find problems or find it works well please post your comments herejust continualy trying to improve the site and make it more useful and accessible to all(on that note, if anyone knows anyone blind who uses a screen reader and can test the site for accessibility for vission impairment id like to work on that too)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/19/15 11:18:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ashton was kind enough to test the translater in spannish and it works very well.. much better then any other online translaters ive triedso all is good no more need for testing unless you want o try in another language.i just wish there was a way to move that translation dropdown to top center of every page so its easier to find for new visitors

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in the past week we have gotten alot more non english speaking members from countries all over the world, (i assume they dont speak english anyway, but none have posted yet), our global community is growing and this site section soon will probably be put to good use, so please remember to check it often if you speak more than one language and can assist in translating questions(answers are auto translated, but questions need to be asked in oter languages and translated to english to be answered, minor limitation of the translation feature)

--
charles hubert
@charles-hubert
14 years ago
19 posts
well if u need a french translator i can do it noproblem if it can help
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form