Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cinnamon and hair loss

k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

Has anyone here ever tried cinnamon to stimulate hair growth? I found this article on it http://www.livestrong.com/article/373309-how-to-stimulate-hair-growth-with-cinnamon/ and they claim that applying a paste made from cinnamon to the scalp can stimulate blood circulation, relieve hair loss, and increase hair growth. Also its claimed to have anti-fungal, anti-viral, and antioxidant properties from its oils. Any one ever heard of this?

updated by @k-money: 01/13/15 09:43:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i believe panterra suggested its use as a esential oil for jay when he was recovering from severe traction alopecia

and if he did use it it worked wonders

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I feel like I've heard of it. Just remember that it wll probably burn like hell for a while. Cinnamon isn't pleasant. In tiny quantities it;s great. But the amount you'd be using will probably feel like pouringcayenne pepper on an open sore. It'll definitely get the blood flowing, which will probably stimulate hair growth. I'd do a test batch on the back of your hand before putting any on your head. See how your skin reacts to it. You may need to tweak the recipe. Don't use your scalp as a first test

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well yea the alternative to gerting the blood flowing is cayan cayan would do the job wonderfully but if left on will cause boils in sensative skin

personaly when i get the flue or something i mix up a bottle of cayan water .till its bright red drink 1/2 then add more water diluting it drink 1/2 du=ilute etc for a few days its still pinkish after 3 or 4 days but that burns out the flu in no time i also make a stitr fry with 5 or 6 types of hot pepper to sweat it out so a lil cayan dont bother me much (till it comes out the other end..ouch) ive used cinimon essential oils topicaly alot in te past it is extremely strong likle if your baking something and the recipie calls for cinimom..1 drop is too much for a double size batch

so use cautiin when using it at 1st see how u react

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form