Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My 2 week dread update (twist and rip)

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

So I started out thinking it'd be a great idea to keep in my elastics for at least a month to keep them from unraveling, but I noticed after reading about it some and getting advice from peeps on this site that it was a bad idea and took them out. Some were already starting to melt into my hair, people! After a week! (I take really hot showers)

So far they are holding up fine, I have t&r'ed the ends for maintenance to keep them from falling completely out. One in the back came loose, though, so I ended up just braiding it until I get time to t&r that one back up. Lots of loose hairs, but I don't mind them too much.

Questions! I have this craaazy dread on the back of my head that just kind of bulges out at the root (a loop, i guess?) and I really don't know what I should do with it. I've considered combing it out and re-t&r'ing it but if it will be fine on its own, Id rather just let it be. Here's a (bad) pic of it

Anybody know what to do about it? Oh, and shampoo... I've been using organic shampoo, is that fine? I didn't want to mix my own, I'm far too lazy. :D

updated by @sarah16: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1 do not re-tnr the ends or that dread u braided unbraid it leave em aloi9ne! if u re-tnr u rest [rogress to day 1

do noy]t work on them period

let them dread

that includes the 1 with the loop

that 1 is doing the best cause u havent done nothing to it

stop all "maintenance" and let them do what they gotta do to dread

wich includes loosening even falling apaert

they got to be left alone

not all organic shampois are dread friendly ..or even organic oi9t only needs 1 organic ingredient to be organic

guess what

wax dog poo dirt puss..gtfround up bugs all are concidered organic

(natural flavpur in some vanila ice creams is actualy refering to the anal glnd of a beaver and natural colors (rd) ground up bugs

get these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

they are best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

Aspertame, the stuff in sweeteners pushed by good ol' Dick, is organic poo from Ecoli...but boy is it sweet! and those brain cells firing themselves off into oblivion is the added bonus!

lol but seriously, like SE said, just let them be! you already gave them a head start now all you gotta do is watch! Those shampoo bars work great and are the main thing i use unless i run out then baking soda acv.

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

This might sound like a dumb question, but how do you use bar soap on your head? Isn't it hard to work a lather through with it?

Never used baking soda on my hair either. Is that just as good?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

baking sodas awesome but the sg-=hampoos from dreadlockshampoo are better just rub it on your scalo then lather and rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

Alright, I'll give them a shot. Thanks!!

soaring eagle said:

baking sodas awesome but the sg-=hampoos from dreadlockshampoo are better just rub it on your scalo then lather and rinse

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form