Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair follicles making my dreads rough?

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

Hi guys, so I've only been dreading for 2 months but I've noticed a lot of white dots attached to the end of some of the hairs and I'm pretty sure it's the hair follicle. Anyway, it's making my dreads really rough and not very nice to touch at all. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this? It's kinda scratchy on my back and my boyfriend doesn't really enjoy touching my hair because of it.

updated by @anna3: 01/13/15 09:42:27PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Mine get like that once in a while. It ebbs and flows. Sometimes they'll stick out, and sometimes they get sucked back in. You could get some jojoba oil and gently massage it into your locks, or use aloe. If you want a certain scent, you can mix whatever you want with the jojoba oil. Obviously, you won't need much. But it'll help soften your locks up.

You could also do an ACV rinse. That helps soften your hair up

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they really shouldnt and really shouldnt be all that many to make em feel rough u can pick them off with your fingers but wonder why you have enough to make em feel that way were they agressivly backcombed have u done root rubbing or anything that could pull alot out at the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

The only thing I've done was lightly TnR them in the beginning and thenseparatesince then. Idk maybe they just seem so rough because my hair was so soft to begin with and I'm not used to it. I haven't crocheted or backcombed or palmrolled or anything like that.

I'll try out the jojoba oil. I have a bottle of it because I used to use it on my face to make my skin less oily.

Thanks for the replies :)

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

on the front right side of my head i have alot of hair follicles showing also, its because my scalp is bad there and always has been. I have no idea why, but i shed more hair there and more skin also.

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

Yeah I shed a crazy amount of hair before I dread my hair. Like more than normal I think. I'd have handfuls come out in the shower and then even more throughout the day. I don't have bad scalp though, just thick hair. Could that maybe be the reason? It seems that only the bottom layers of my dreads are scratchy and not really the top. That is still soft. Also the thicker parts of my dreads where it is knotting up the most if the most rough.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form