Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

WHITE STUFF IN DREADS!! PLEASE HELP! (PICS!!)

jarel ivory
@jarel-ivory
12 years ago
3 posts
idk what it is. i know its not mold. im thinking its a combo of dust, dandruff, and what ever this girl put in it when she did my hair at Empire beauty school. i dont know what she used...and i normally use residue free shampoo with aloe when i wash it.
updated by @jarel-ivory: 01/13/15 09:42:25PM
Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

What kind of shampoo do you use? It looks like some kind of residue. Also do you have hard water?

jarel ivory
@jarel-ivory
12 years ago
3 posts

other then with my hands, no. But on several occasions i have pulled it out for hours with my hands. and i dont believe its any type of residue. and whats "hard water"?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whst makes u think the shamopoo is residue dfree

and call empire ask what she used it looks to me like she used wax

also what maintenance dixd they do (everytu[ime u did maintenance) if your gounf=g to salons white stuffs the least of yoir concerns

stop going to sallons complete;y or they will destroy yoir dreads

now id 1st try a residue remover then switch to an actual dread shasmpoo like www.dreadlockshampoo.com

if it is wax get wax b gone too

now explain in detail everything they ever did to your dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

When I got my fist set I went to Empire to have them done knowing nothing about dreads. The girl that did them was a hippie chic so I trusted her. She used wax and didn't even tell me what to do to care for them or even how to keep them clean. This was back in 1998!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haed water contains undisolved minerals like calcium lyme rust etc

jarel ivory said:

other then with my hands, no. But on several occasions i have pulled it out for hours with my hands. and i dont believe its any type of residue. and whats "hard water"?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

post pics of your scalp too salons will do permenant damage to your scalp and make you go bald

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea that stuff definately builds up we had 1 guy his dreads turned completely grey from it after doing a residue remover and wax remnoval (he used both) they were black again..and softer

ok

1 get nutragena anti residue or suave clarifying shampoo use it once! not as a regular shampoo only to remove residue

get www.dreadlocksham \poo.com to use as a regular shampoo

if the residue remover dont remove it get wax b gone i highly suspect wax was used

and

never ever ever ever ever ever ever set foot in another salon! in fact when you walk by any salon make a cross with your fingers like warding off vampires and sprinkle holy water on the door so they cant come out and get ya

salons are pure evil for dreads

ok theres 1 or 2 in the world that arent complete disasters and in certain circumstances maybe worthwhile but the vast majority should bbe avoided like the plague

--
jarel ivory
@jarel-ivory
12 years ago
3 posts

ill take you guys advice!!! thank you so much!! ill upload more pics tonight!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if you have what salons call a tidy or "fresh" look with the scalp showing between each dread then you got to recover from what they did and let the hair regreow

that fresh look they sell is traction alopecia setting in wich will get worse and woerse tuill your bald

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form