Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So frustrated

Mama Jme
@mama-jme
12 years ago
22 posts
I am beyond dissappointed as I think the only option left is to cob out my hair (if I even can) or cut it.I have no idea what I did wrong, but the bases of my dreads are determined to suck into one another. There are many that I cannot separate no matter what I do, and the remainder get to that point super quickly if I don't separate them each day. My fine hair seems happy to knot, just without any sense of order at all (seriously, irks like one giant knot forming on top of my head.I know the consensus here is that less maintenance is better, but that has certainly not been my experience!Super sad, cause I want to be an old lady with dreads 50 years from now! Do I have any options other than trying a perm? I don't have the time or energy to separate and palm roll my hair each day, not with three little kids!
updated by @mama-jme: 01/13/15 09:42:19PM
Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

A bit of webbing at the roots is okay. Mine is like that too. As long as the body of the dread isn't stuck together you should be fine!

Mama Jme
@mama-jme
12 years ago
22 posts
It's not a bit, though. It's like if I lift one dread five more lift up with it. And it's moving outwards on the dreads. It's also making it really hard to keep my scalp healthy :-/
emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

have you been seperating them ?? if your hair dreads fast then you have to seperate more in the beggining , you can prob just calm down and with paitance seperate the ones that are stuck together they are probley naot as tangled as u think maybe have a friend help you seprate in the back and remember they should be a tangled mess near the roots thats normal.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

then dont dont palm roll at all and seoperate weekly after a shower thats all u need if u even need that much

heres what id suggest do this once just to get it under control seperare as well as u can then take 2 fingers between each dread and push them tight againsy t the scalp and slide out towards each dread to try to seperare that mesg=h a lil bit

after u get them pretty well seperated then just do it weekly by pulling them apart they will settle dowd=n soon enough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mama Jme
@mama-jme
12 years ago
22 posts
Thanks everyone.one section with about 6 or 7 dreads was totally knotted up about5+ inches, and I am combing that out and going to start over (my friend separated my hair into really weird segments when we t&r'd them, lots of long, skinny, hard to define sections. I will try what you have suggested for the others. Hopefully I can get someone to help me; this is totally overwhelming to try and to myself, especially with a 6 month old!Should I separate them wet or dry?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wet

u can let them section nd dread natually

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts