Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread residue

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Well i have a problem. It seems my hair collects residue easier than most. I used BS/acv , and recently stared using dreadlocksshampoo bar and I get this whitish residue in them when they dry. They kind of look like they hadbaby powdef on them. I tried boiling the water but it still happens. I know its residue cause yesterday I used neutrogena antiresidue shampoo and they are finally clean. But its got loss of chemicals and says to only use weekly. What am I doing wrong. I thought the bar was good with hard water. I can stand under the shower for 20 minutes rinsing and still. Help.
updated by @joey5: 01/13/15 09:42:18PM
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

How are you washing and rinsing? Wash with and rinse cool water and a cold water rinse as your final!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I had that problem with the bar when I first started using it. Try using more. The problem I had was that I was gentle with it. It started to exfoliate my skin, but not enough to fully wash it away. When I started scrubbing more, I stoped getting residue.

Also, what ratio of BS to water are you using? If you aren't using enough, it will leave residue. Plus just boiling the water isn't going to soften it. You need to gently pour off the pure water, leaving the minerals and a little water behind

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Im using 1/2 cup BS to 5 cups water. I would boil the water but not pour it. I add the BS while hot so it dissolves and dip my had in it for a minute (I use a bowl) them I just pour it over my head and leave it for 15. Then I get in the shower and rinse for an eternity. with the bar I tried using it strong but it just coated all my hair from root to tip. Its getting frustrating
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try a water filter shower head

i bet ya anything that if u washed with water only youd have the same issue and its calcium thats causing the buildup..from the water

now the dreadlockshampoo bar,.the soap itself is rinsing awau=y fine but that stuburn calcium isnt..

id try testing that theory by just doing a water only wash see if it happens

either way i bet ya a water filtee in your showerhead will solve it

they arent real cheap but so worth it if u have very hard water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form