Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How often should I wash my hair

Tristan robertson
@tristan-robertson
12 years ago
15 posts
How often should I wash my hair on the journey for natural dreadlocks( the first month) I can find many things on when to wash them if they are mature but not to many just starting
updated by @tristan-robertson: 01/13/15 09:42:01PM
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I wash 2 times a wk sometimes 3 but try to stick with Wednesdays and Saturdays. All depends if I start to get a little itchy!

Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
12 years ago
46 posts

I'd say 1 - 3 times a week is fine, if you wash too often you're dreads will be wet too consistently and you can develop mold issues.

Tristan robertson
@tristan-robertson
12 years ago
15 posts
Thank you all very much
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

There's no reason to wait. I know a lot of people out there say to not wash for the first month or 2. But that only creates dirty hair and builds up oils.

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Personally, I useitchinessas my guide. Some weeks it works out at two times, sometimes as low as once. If I wasn't doing the BS wash it would probably more often, but I find it to be a little bit of hassle to do too often. I always rinse my hair before I go out on the town or anything, just to tame the frizz.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I average 2x a week. Mondays and Thursday or Friday. Like Adam, I use itchies or oily loose hair as an indicator to wash. I use bs as well and find I don't have to wash as often. In the early stages it's bet to was more often (like Robyn).
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form