Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing with the Dr.

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts
So I have some Dr. Bronners and my question is how do I wash with it? I know I'm supposed to dilute it since it's super concentrated but do I just kind of pour it on my hair and let it sit there like with the BS? On the bottle's instructions it says to fingertip massage it onto your hair and scalp with a washcloth. Is that what I'm supposed to do?Sorry for the stupid question but I really want to know lol. Thanks in advance!
updated by @anna3: 01/13/15 09:41:56PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I always just squirted some onto my scalp and massaged it in. Let it sit there for a few minutes while I showered and then rinsed it off. But be careful. If you have hard water, it doesn't rinse out well. It leaves residue. Dr. B's is only good for lock if you have soft water.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

use it the way youd use any shampoo

but dilute it 1st

and babas very right about hard water if u feel slin=my or sticky after stop using it and get dreadlockshampoo.com inster4ad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melony
@melony
12 years ago
45 posts

I fill glass/plastic bottles with warm water, then add a glob of peppermint scented dr bronners... then I add Tea Tree Oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil, shake it up and then when I'm in the shower I squirt the mixture over my scalp all the way to my ends and massage my scalp and dreads with my finger tips. I let it sit for the entire time I'm in the shower, and when I'm ready to get out I rinse my hair really well with cold water (as cold as I can stand anyways)
It works well for me so far, and it smells AMAZING.

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

Thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'll stick with the soap I have until it runs out though. I use dr bronners for my face and it's awesome. I just don't want a residue since I have hard water :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form