Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lots of loose hair and thinner then a pencil :(

Holly Sanderson
@holly-sanderson
12 years ago
2 posts

Hey can I just say how awesome this site is really really good job! Right now to my little problem.... I used the TnR method on my hair about 5months ago so my little dreadies still pretty young but was just wondering is it normal for some to completely unravelled back to straight hair (I do have thin straight hair) like I mean whole sections have gone and are now just normal tangle free hair. My other dreads are tightening up nicely but there being covered by masses of loose hair and I kinda wanna show off my new dreads. Should I twist and rip the ruined sectioning to help it along again? Also Some dreads are proper thin like thinner then a pencil will these thicken over time?

updated by @holly-sanderson: 01/13/15 09:41:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes its normal no dont tnr just let them dread and show em off why not loose hairs normal

yes they will thicken but if the root sections real small they wont thicken alot

and u didnt ever crochet i hope right

that would keep em thinner longer

4 month in is typicaly when they havr e fallen apart the most and are startin to dread again naturally if they do fall apart

if u tnr again they probly will fall apart again and every 4 months u start over

just leave em be and they will dread evebtualy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Holly Sanderson
@holly-sanderson
12 years ago
2 posts

Awesome! Cheers Soaring Eagle and Justin! I guess il just let them be :) and stop looking at them progress pics coz they look nothing like my progress lol! Uniqueexperience this dreadingbusiness huh.. Peace!and thanks again

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yes. It's a sign that your locks are trying to tangle back on themselves in a healthy way. The initial TnR was pretty much a placeholder for where you'd like the section to be. Your locks may agree with it, they may not. Sometimes the unravel because the sections really needs to be 2+ to fall comfortably and naturally. Sometimes it unravels because it was done too tightly/loosely. Sometimes it unravels to piss you off. Since you can never really know the reason, you just have to go with the flow.

No. Every time you redo them it sets the progress back to day 1. They will look great until the unravel all over again and that will annoy you more than it does now, because you got to see what was underneath, clearly, for the first time in a while. Then it was taken away from you.

Some may thicken. It depends on the size of the section. Most TnR locks tend to be a little thinner in the beginning. They do thicken up. But notnecessarilyas big as the new growth will lock up. You might just end up with locks that taper off at the tips. Or they could fold over on themselves and you'll end up with thin locks with a fat beaver-tail at the end.

The fact that anything can happen at anytime, to anyone is part of what makes growing locks so exciting, even to the casual bystander

krock
@krock
12 years ago
20 posts

bro thin dreads aint a bad thing necessarily don't know if im spelling necessarily correctly, soy rambling put up a pic of how they look now some people look better with thinner dreads others thicker depends on face and head size. But S.E is normally to my knowledge correct about these things

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form