Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help!! Nasty sticky roots

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

so i managed to separate my hair successfully thanks to SEs advice on my last post but when i was separating and pulling the different roots apart i found they were really sticky inside :(!!!! Ive looked in the mirror and my boyfriend has had a look aswell and there is nothing visible in my roots at all its just when you touch it with your fingers its just awful like someone has poured honey all over my head its disgusting but it doesn't have a smell at all so I'm really confused to what it might be.

its been a week since i discovered these really sticky roots and I've rinsed my hair a lot trying to get it out but nothings worked. I have ordered the Neutrogena anti residue shampoo thinking it might be residue but the expected delivery day isn't until the 11th of january which is far to long away and id like to know if there is anything i can do/use in the meantime to help get rid of it now.

Since i live in the north of england i have very hard water and have already tried the baking soda wash when i first started my journey but it just didnt wash out and i had no luck with it at all so unfortunately I'm unable to use that method. The shampoo I've been using for about 6 months is the dreadlock nag champa shampoo which isn't getting rid of the problem ither

if anyone has any idea what this could be or how i could get rid of it your help would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you

updated by @harriet: 01/13/15 09:41:41PM
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

do they kinda have a sticky, funky feeling after ya wash with the Nag Champa shampoo when they're still wet but when they dry seem fine? I have hard water and I also use that scent in the liquid and Patchouli liquid and after I rinse I have that sticky, funky feeling but once completely dry they're fine! I think it has something to do with the liquid shampoo and I think it's normal cause other than that, I don't have any issues!

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Hmm now that you mention it they are a lot stickier when there wet but not unfortunately still not normal feeling :(

Doogie said:

do they kinda have a sticky, funky feeling after ya wash with the Nag Champa shampoo when they're still wet but when they dry seem fine? I have hard water and I also use that scent in the liquid and Patchouli liquid and after I rinse I have that sticky, funky feeling but once completely dry they're fine! I think it has something to do with the liquid shampoo and I think it's normal cause other than that, I don't have any issues!

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Noo I've never ever used wax or any other products on my hair other than the dreadlock nag champa shampoo

Hari Shabad said:

Did you use wax at some point? If you did that's probably what it is. Theres a wax remover on dreadlockshampoo.com se says works pretty well. I am a newbie so that's all I got. Maybe a more experienced person will jump in here.
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

But does that "sticky" feeling go away once your hair is dry?

Harriet said:

Hmm now that you mention it they are a lot stickier when there wet but not unfortunately still not normal feeling :(

Doogie said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why did u have to order it and have it delivered just go to your local drug store or supermarket and buy some

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

I live in a very small town they dont sell it anywhere the only place I've been able to find it is ither ebay or amazon :(

soaring eagle said:

why did u have to order it and have it delivered just go to your local drug store or supermarket and buy some

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

No :(

Doogie said:

But does that "sticky" feeling go away once your hair is dry?

Harriet said:

Doogie said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form