Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Started my dreads!!

FiddleSticks268
@fiddlesticks268
12 years ago
14 posts

So I started my dreads this weekend! I have to do them by myself so between yesterday and today I've gotten 18 done and just under half my head. They seem **REALLY** tiny but hopefully they will thicken up. I did twist and rip with little rubber bands on the top and bottom since they seem like they're going to fall apart. There's this little voice in my head saying I totally did this wrong and there's no way it's going to work but we'll see xD I'm going to have to wait till I get home next week to actually wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo. Mine right now supposedly doesn't leave a residue but just to be safe... Also I really hope none of my dreads overlap because I couldn't use a mirror for the back... xD Like I said, this might fail... but otherwise I'm totally stoked!!!!!!!!!

So, uh, now what do I do?? Haha... just wash every 3ish days and palm roll every day? What happens if they seriously fall apart?

updated by @fiddlesticks268: 01/13/15 09:41:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tqke out the rubber bands! right away! do not palm roll ever

wash every 3ish days bit not with a clarifying shampoo! clarifying shampoos are extremely toxic made to strip residue they arent non residue they are residue removers and are so harsh they re meant to be used a couple times a year only

wash with baking soda and acv till u get a dred soap loike www.dreadlockshampoo.com then use that

if they fall apart let them

they will dread back up

u never had to tnr to begin wiyh they would dred by just letting them dread

if they fall apart dont do a thing just give em toime to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u cant leave the baknds in they must come ot right away

the most conservative state still must obide by the constitution so only natural dreads are protected by law

if u want seperate dreads seperate

that simple

but those rubber bands cant stay in they must come out right away they are nothing but trouble

--
Brandi Leigh
@brandi-leigh
12 years ago
4 posts

Read the forums, for alot of people rubber bands cause weak spots because the hair is not actually dreading there. Having separated dreads with spots where your hair broke off will look every bit as odd as matted hair. I don't know why you'd need bands at the bottom either, the loose ends should look fine and be the least of your worries for a "neat" look to your dreads.

I believe no matter what you do, you are going to have fuzzies and it's not recommended to use wax or anything really to keep them in check. If you do, you could end up with this: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/hair-that-dreadheadhq-is-proud-of

You probably want to see the video about palm rolling as well. The post is below and honestly, I don't see how palm rolling isn't going to do anything but make all your loose hairs stand out due the friction from rolling/rubbing - http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/why-not-to-palm-roll?xg_source=activity

Now all of this is not to say that people haven't used these techniques and had better results but when you see so many people referencing having to take out their dreads due to issues or in worse cases having to cut them out, I know I wouldn't want to do that.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

u should look at some time lines of peoples dreadlocks journey ....because for about the first year your hair is going to look crazy ..im at 6 months and my hair is a tornado ....i love it though ..but you should be prepared ...it takes a very long time for dreads to grow and mature and look somewhat uniform. nothing can speed up this process ...and anything that can will just do your dreads harm

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its niot a case of ill see if i can go without u must go withouit they will undo progress 2 days after putting them in when u take them out

a week in they can melt into the dread or dry rot breaking up into tiny peicces wich get stuck in the dread or they canb become swallowed completely or ..or or theres a dozen things tnat can go wrong and they do not help 1 bit

they gotta go...today

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form