Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Root issues.

nicoleneosoul
@nicoleneosoul
12 years ago
3 posts

now ive been on my loc journey for a little over 2 months now.

i have afro/curly textured hair. and i was wondering if the problems i am having are a normal part of

the early stages of the journey and i should just continue to relax and let my hair do as it will.

OR if i should be a bit concerned.

now because i have the hair texture i do, i started my locs with a little TnR. and went complete neglect after that.

just so i wouldn't end up with one fat loc ya know?. they are locking up pretty quick and i am happy with them

but lately ive been noticing how often i have to separate... my sections are not super defined as in

i didn't part them or TnR them too tightly at the root, they are not in neat little perfect squares either.... and lately they have been sorta growing all together and clumpy at the roots.... i separate them daily (cause i can see and feel congo's coming on) but i was just wondering if this is something that will correct itself over time or if there is something i should be doing to keep this from happening.

did anyone have or IS having this problem out there that can shoot me a lil advice...?

updated by @nicoleneosoul: 01/13/15 09:41:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

very common in hair that dreads fast

it will get better as thet=y get more dreaded

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
My hair is curly and I love not having those stupid looking divisions. The roots are all interconnected but grow out well. I separate weekly or biweekly (when I wash) but at first allmost daily. It gets better with time
nicoleneosoul
@nicoleneosoul
12 years ago
3 posts

thanks gentlemen :)

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

ya i separate too ...and yes all my roots are together but i wait til they grow out a bit to separate and dont all the way to my scalp ..as long as the whole dread isnt growing together in time it will work itself out ...thats what my hair is telling me anyways lol

nicoleneosoul
@nicoleneosoul
12 years ago
3 posts

yeah ive been really trying to just leave it be. but its hard with my hair type. i just get worried haha

but i am going to just chill out and let it all go :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form