Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help white stuff

emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

i have been dreading for about a month now and i noticed when i sqeezed and kind opened one of my tighter locs there was a white waxy residue , ive been trying alldiffrent dread shampoos just recently started using the one from dreadlockshampoo.com the one for locking new dreads , ive only used that once , i think i used the knotty boy the most , ive never used wax ever , and i do spray my hair with salt water alot.. what can it be and how can i get rid of it , and never see it again. i spray the salt water lightly once a day but it dries fast and i wash my hair about twice a week ..

updated by @emilio-gonzalez: 02/14/15 06:47:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1st off your wayyyyyy overusing sea salt u should not leave it on longer then 2 hours and using it weekly is all u need

had u used bronners?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try a residue remover

but its odd to have that much buildup so early on plus how can u have tried several shampoos when u only washed 8 times?

--
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
It could be residue build up, dead skin build up, any number of things really. A good long baking soda wash/ soak or a super hot water deep cleanse could help. Something about baking soda melts gunks away.
emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

i only have noticed the build up in one dread , i guess several was a bad word , i used knotty boy about 5 times , i used a lush shampoo maybe 2 and the loc up shampoo once about 8 washes more or less , what can i use asa residue remover, maybe i was using salt water way too much id even spray twice a day sometimes and leave it in untill i washed my hair ...

emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

also i washed my hair last night should i wash it again tonight since i used salt water in the morning??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

only use salt way=ter once a week only 2 hours b4 u wash the lush most likely is the cause of the buildup

--
Gaia Earthmother
@gaia-earthmother
12 years ago
1 posts

I would say it was probably the knotty boy that did it - when i used it it left white gunk on my scalp so it is entirely possible that could be now in your dreads. BS followed by acv should remove it... did you get the liquid or bar shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com? The bar has clay in it which is great for deep cleaning.

Jenn

Natty Dave
@natty-dave
12 years ago
56 posts

Sounds like to much salt build up, salt leaves a white residue and it sounds like you overused it a bit, but it can happen to anyone, and could be anything; we had to use a burts bees bar to wash a couple times and i have no problem with it but my fiance had some left over unpleasantness until we did the bs/acv. you should chill on the salt sprays and wash with bs for a little bit than let it do its thing, stop trying to speed up the process so much and enjoy the journy

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

A white waxy buildup sounds like it's probably sebum. Sebum is dead skin. If you have earring, and you ever notice that white stuff on the earring when you take it out, that's sebum, too. It can happen on your scalp.

A good few baking soda washes should clear it up. And like Eagle and others have said, don't use the salt as much. Salt will over dry your scalp and hair. Your scalp can flake on it's own from being too dry, and those flakes will build up in your locks. If it itches and your scratch, those flakes ill also build up too

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form