Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the Artificial Wind dreading method (theory) :D

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

What's up guys. So I've been thinkin this a long time, but while it's on my mind I might as well discuss it with ya'll.

So we all know movement forms dreads, whether it be taking a hike or walk, changing positions in sleep, wearing a tam, etc... And wind is great for them!

Then I realized - what if, while you're chilling at home doing whatever, you have a fan on you blowing high speed? Your hair would always be moving around and knotting up, as if you're riding horseback in the plains like in the golden days just living your life shampoo and comb free.

That would speed up the process for sure, or am I nuts?

updated by @calipark: 01/13/15 09:40:50PM
Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
12 years ago
46 posts
It may cause some tangles but they would all be in one direction which I imagine would result in some unnatural looking dreads. Seems highly unlikely that the amount it would help knotting would be worth the power to run the fan, the length of time you'd have to continue to do it, and having to be rooted to one spot. In theory it should work, in practice, not so much.
Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

Nah, not crazy.Imaginative maybe, but not crazy. lol. I would assumethat you would get greater progress if you had already made the sections though. I remember taking rides on my grandpa's speed boat as a kid with normal hair and I'd ride in the verrry front so I could make that weird noise with my mouth from the wind blowing right at me, as a child it was very entertaining, and after my hair would be alll kinds of knotted up.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form