Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby dreads and quetions I've got

Hannah Marie2
@hannah-marie2
12 years ago
6 posts
So my dreads are very very new they are only a week old and everything was all nice until I did my first wash. All my dreads are loose at the roots about 2-3 inches at the root is all not dreaded it came all apart but the rest of the dread is actually coming along very nice an tight and I'm super happy with them its just the roots because they look all funny now if I don't have them in a pony tail. I just don't know what to do and would love some advice :) thanks
updated by @hannah-marie2: 02/14/15 11:39:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont put em in a pony tail its completely normal and nesacary but how were they started

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Hi. That sounds normal to me. The roots will tighten naturally, it just takes time, the hair dreads back toward the root. Tying them back can cause weak spots though. Starter methods will loosen up before they tighten properly. It sounds very normal.

Greg2
@greg2
12 years ago
10 posts

When you say it will cause weak spots... is that just while they are forming? Or does it do it too when they are mature?

Tim said:

Hi. That sounds normal to me. The roots will tighten naturally, it just takes time, the hair dreads back toward the root. Tying them back can cause weak spots though. Starter methods will loosen up before they tighten properly. It sounds very normal.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

depends how u tie em but early on loosely tying em wont cause weak spots as much as slow perogress and cause them to try to congo more

Greg said:

When you say it will cause weak spots... is that just while they are forming? Or does it do it too when they are mature?

Tim said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Greg2
@greg2
12 years ago
10 posts

Ok thanks thats what I was thinking but wanted to be clear.

soaring eagle said:

depends how u tie em but early on loosely tying em wont cause weak spots as much as slow perogress and cause them to try to congo more

Greg said:

Tim said:

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

sorry, I cant seem to add a reply properly. SE knows way more than I do. :)

Tim said:

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Younger locks almost always have between 1-3 inches of loose straight hair at the roots. That's normal. As they mature it will shrink to between 1/4 and 1 inch. Ponytails will slow down the process and require more separating to prevent congo's. But you sound like you're on the right track

Hannah Marie2
@hannah-marie2
12 years ago
6 posts
Thank you :) and I will not do ponytails as often anymore are bandanas and wraps okay for like school? and they were started with the twist an pull method
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form