dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone!question about T&R

Chiara
@chiara
12 years ago
12 posts

Hi beautiful people!

first of all let me introduce myself (even if I'm putting this in the maintenance category):I'm 25,a student of architecture,proud to be a scout,proud to be an expert shower-singer,with dreads from last february (well,my head is fully dreaded since july),struggling with my mum that thinks they're really not healthy for my hair to have dreads.my grandmother has very very few hair and she's afraid that if I don't treat them in the right way I'll end up in the same way.I've not changed my shampoo,I've always used good shampoos,now I just wash my scalp with it more deeply that I can and I make sure I rinse well.

I've been reading and following this site since the beginning of my journey more or less. I'm joining and writing now because I've had a question for a long time and I can't get it out of my head,thanks to everything that my mum too.when I started with the T&R method I've done what I thought was a great job,cause my hair didn't loosen up or untie a little for the next days,and...it has never happened.I've done my dreads,maybe the ends became a little loose but they stayed really tight.I mean..I've had them tight since I've done every single one of them.The roots are..I don't know if weird or something,they are loose for like one or two centimeter,then there's like a "stretched ball" of hairs and then the dread just like I've done it.probably the "ball" is the symptom they're on their way to become thicker..?

however,my question is:the fact that my dreads didn't loosen up after the T&R means they're..like,really damaged?I know that every method beside the natural one,implies a little damage,but...for me the damage is really manageable?is there something I can do now to help my hair being strong and really healthy?

thanks everyone for reading this!and thank you for this site,it's the more helpful thing you can find about dreads on the internet..and not only on the internet! :)

updated by @chiara: 01/13/15 09:40:38PM
Chiara
@chiara
12 years ago
12 posts
dear god,sorry for all the mistakes,but it seems that my english is not that good!
Chiara
@chiara
12 years ago
12 posts
oh,and I have fine,straight-ish hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you probly just tnred too tight wich will slow thinfs a bit but thats ok its normal to have loose roots when mature it will be like 1 cm or so

the pulled out root lump is a loop a good sign of actual dreading they are going good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chiara
@chiara
12 years ago
12 posts
thank you SE,helpful as always :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form