Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just starting out

Vwpimpin
@vwpimpin
12 years ago
27 posts
Hey, psyched to be part of this site. I have some questions that I am sure that have been asked a million times already. I have thin hair with a nasty cow lick in the back. I really want to just let my hair do its own thin but I really don't see my hair dreading together with no help at all. Years ago my hair was really long (like to my waist) and I dreaded it up by just rubbing the top of my head over and over until it started to not together and then separated and palm rolled em. I don't think I kept them long enough to see if this was damaging or not. I have been getting the bug to d o it again and want to do it natual but as i said before i really dont see it happening without any assistance. My hair now is only about 5 inches in the front and maybe a little shorter in the back. I have been using dr.b soap for about 2 weeks now. So my basic questions are how should I wash it now without any locks at all? I see how to wash dreads but not how to do it in the beginning. Should I rub my hair and wash it like I normally do and just not brush it or should I just rinse it? As I was saying before I don't see my hair notting together on its own so I know less is more but is it really detrimental to rub my hair a little to get it started like I did years ago? Last question is the shampoo. I see soaring eagle recommends the dread soap on this site. Should I switch to that and if so does anyone have any expience with the new Lockin up liquid shampoo? Thanks for reading my long story and any help is much aprreceiated.
updated by @vwpimpin: 01/13/15 09:40:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the lockin up liquids aewesome the only reason to switch imedietly would be hardwater u wont dread with bronner if u got hard water

it will dread on its own tryustthe process u not thinking it will wont prevent it only u interfering will

so just let it

wash by scrubing only the scalp noythe hair

it will dread but anouther inch or 2 will make alot of diference

letit dread as it grows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Vwpimpin
@vwpimpin
12 years ago
27 posts
Thanks for the info. if i stay with the liquid lock is there are any reason to ever switch to the regular bars? also would there be a need for Baking soda or acv?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no tho the bars are berter for mature dreads your hair will feel sio amazing from the bars

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form