Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to the community + dreads.

Allie
@allie
12 years ago
6 posts

Just wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself to the community. I am Allie 24 years old. Have been wanting to take the step and dread my hair from a young age but only now taking the step to do so. I will admit my fine straight hair has kept me in an unending debate of to dread or not to dread. The past summer I was going to have a good friend section + help with dreads. However due to some odd circumstances the sectioning and dreads never happened. (Save for a lonely dread which marked the end of an important journey and time period for me)

There was some disappointment with not getting a full head of dreads at the end of the summer, however in time I have come to realize that this is perhaps a gift. Why? Because it has given me the chance to discover and browse this community, admire the wealth of knowledge that is here and well it has made me want to enjoy the process, let my hair do as it pleases (I admit I am sure I will play with it a little here and there...)

So here I am, new to the community, taking the leap I had long held off from, and in the process hopefully learn a little more patience.

Being new I expect there will be questions time to time, I am curious to get advice from those who have gone natural/neglect method that also have fine hair. I in return hope to share my experience, document the highs and lows of this journey and in the future perhaps be able to lend my experiences and lessons to others.

updated by @allie: 01/13/15 09:40:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and you maty just be amazed how fast fine thin hair can dread :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form