Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

This is why I am thankful for Dreadlockssite!

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

Eh, this isn'tactuallytragicallyhumorous, but since it pertains toinfoonline this seemed the best category.

I saw this on tumblr: http://intheflowersss.tumblr.com/post/36114076956/do-you-have-any-tips-on-dreading-hair-naturally-my

I was like ''NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". I went to the person asking the questions blog and gave her the link to this site and told her I thought it would be helpful to her. I hope she comes!

But wow, I am so thankful for this website. Even people giving advice theybelieveto be helpful arecontributingto the spread of misinformation. It makes me kinda sad :/ It's not a huge deal, many people choose to quit washing their hair. But, why would you give someone with naturally silky hair advice to quit washing?! Urg!

How could you not mention that their use of wax and the fact that it is most likely still in their hair isprobablycontributing to the problem!?

I watched the girl who answered the question video on dreads a while back. Something she said really made me mind-blown. Not quoting but, she said "I alreadyhadn'tbrushedmy hair in a few years so I figured dreads would be better than having a big nest..." and then she explains how she back-combed! She basically had dreads and didn't even know :/

Just... Thank you to this whole community. Thank you for covering all the information that anyone could ever want to know. Thank you for being honest. Thank you for being so detailed and in-depth in your explanations. Thank you for being so quick to answer questions. THANK YOU for breaking the chain for misinformation.

updated by @rose: 01/19/15 11:14:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i really hope she does join wow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form