Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Had the talk with my grandma... Dread talk that is... Again lol

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
So, my grandmother is starting to decline in her mental health, and although its sad, and I wish she were in prime health, sometimes our con stations are comical. S I came over, bandana on, sweatpants and grubby t-shirt cause I clean her house for her. Afterward she tells me we are going to lunch, she has a taste for humus at aladdins. Yay, I'm starved. I go change and take off the bandana. This is the conversation that followed:Grandma: Jen, go do something with ur hair, it looks like u havn't brushed it in months.Me: I like it this way, and I havn't. Remember I'm letting my hair dreadlock.G: hmmm. I don't know baby, what happens when you want them out?Me: I don't plan on not wanting them, but if I don't ill brush them out.G:what about your feller? (lol yes, feller hehe)Me:what about him?G:what's he think?Me: as long as I don't shave my head and stretch my lip piercings and put a plate in, he doesn't care.G: well what happens when you don't want them anymore.Me: I don't plan on not wanting them, and if I don't ill brush them out.G: what's your mother think?Me: she doesn't care.G:and ur feller?Me: he doesn't care.(Conversations stops for a moment when I help her tie her shoes, arthritis is a bitch)G: Jen, go brush your hair, you look like u just rolled out of bed.Me: how about I put my bandana on, and we get lunch?G: Sure, where do u want to eat?Me: how about aladdins?G: that sounds delicious, I love their humus.Idk it made me laugh, in a sad way, and thought I'd share.
updated by @myschyf: 01/13/15 09:40:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha thats cute ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

Reminds me of my great-grandma. Once, a while back, she asked me how old I was and I answered her honestly:10.She asked me again a fewminutes later and I said9. A few minutes later she asks again and I tell her11.This goes on for a while with me changing my age every time she asks xD not the nicest thing to, looking back on it, but it was amusing at the time.

She also had a habit of calling my step-mom, whose name is Brandee, Carrie (the name of my birth-mother). It was awkward.

She lived to the age of 100 :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Very cute. My grandmother was like that too. She had OCD and would constantly ask me to cut my hair and wear a hat (even when it was 100* outside in summer). She hated my hair, but loved me. I used to laugh about it all the time. Even though she would beg me to cut my hair a dozen times every time I went to visit, there was something sweet about it

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form