Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbee looking for help please.

Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

Hi everyone. I am looking for any help and advise you are willing pass along. I have Very thick curly hair. Like I break hair bows when I try to use them thick. Can't wear hats or headband because they just slip off my big ol hair. I try to be as natural as I can with my hair and body. I do not currently wash my hair every day nor do I brush it at all and have not for years. It just makes my hair bigger if I do. I do run my fingers through it when I wash it, so I am guessing I need to stop that if I want the dreads to form right? I am also concerned about the hair drying once it is dreaded. My hair dry's very slow. I can shower in the morning and still have wet hair the next day when I go to shower. It is just so thick it can't get it dry and I do not use a blow dryer or anything just the sun and air. Is this going to be an issues with my dreads? I do not want dread rot:( And then last questions when you are starting out the natural neglect method do I just wash it 2-3 times a week and leave it be to do it's own thing? Meaning no backcomb or anything just let it flow? Thank you for all your help. Much Love.

updated by @tieya-mayne: 01/13/15 09:40:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you are just fine yoi already know you just need reasurance that you know what you know so yea stop running finf0gers through

wash 2-3 times a week with the bs/acv (no touch) or dreadlockshampoo (scrub scalp only) rinse thriugh the hair and let it dry in the sun

it will take awhile to dry but sun or airflow aroud them helps (sit by a an) so try to not wet them every day

as dreads form seperate to prevent congos

thick dreads dry even slower so dont let any get too huge

never tie em up when damp

cant wait to see how hey progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

I just bought more dread shampoo, but just saw your post on here about the backing soda so I for sure and going to try that. I am already an essential oil user so love that you worked them into it as well. I can't wait to see how the progress my self. Thank you!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

which dread shampoo did u buy

--
Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

I bought Rasta Jam mango & lime and I have Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

are you african american?

if not sont use that!

mango lyme stiuffs for african hair

nutragena is extremely toxic its a residue remover not a non residue

trythese www.dreadlockshampoo.com they are the best

--
Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

Nope I am a white girl. Good to know I read all about it and the reviews nothing said it was for African hair types:( sad I love throwing money away. And the Neutrogena I have been using because my hair is so think I have a ton of build up. So Is it best for me to stop with both and just use your backing soda method?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the nutragena is ok to use once every several months only the bs acv u can use anytime the dreadklockshampoo soaps are awesome they are best

--
Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

So when washing I just scrub the scalp? also what about pulling my hair back in a ponytail is this going to mess up the process?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

pulling it back sometimes wont hurt all thye time tho woill slow things but also will encourage it to congo more so u woll need to seperate moee

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form