Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I've never been more ready to lock up my hair.

zach shapiro
@zach-shapiro
12 years ago
1 posts
So I'm finally to a point in my life where dreadlocks are acceptable to have. I've been wanting them for a few years now, but haven't been able to get them do to work, school, family etc. Now that I can, I'm gonna make sure I do it the best way possible (natural?). I have pictures posted of the length of my hair, which is very straight and very fine. I hardly ever get knots, even when I don't brush it. I could go over a month without brushing and it still would be straight and knot-free. I wash my hair nightly and don't condition it. Here for some advice, any input is greatly appreciated. I would like to start tomorrow night when I get off of work and have it done by Monday, thanks in advance. :)
updated by @zach-shapiro: 01/13/15 09:39:25PM
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts
The dreaducation page or the FAQ can probably answer all the questions you may have.Yeah, the least harmful method is natural. Just throw out your brush :)Twist&Rip comes in second for the least harmful. It's a starter method and leaves your hair looking like dreads from the beginning. It usually falls out/loosens though, so the dreaded appearance may not stay for long.Wash your hair with a non-residue shampoo or the baking soda/ACV rinse no matter how you start though. Separate your dreads when needed. That's all they require.Your hair may take a long time to knot for a number of reasons. If that's just the way your hair is, then that's the way it is. Natural/neglect method may take longer for you, but I think it's worth it :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if your going natural theres no starting no having it done in a day it will drezd but you need to wash the rithogtt way dry the right way and it needs tobe long enough to tangle

stop combing change what u washwith and how and let it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form