Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential Oils and Washing; Experiences?

KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
12 years ago
22 posts

Essential oils were always around when I was growing up and so i've amassed a decent collection. I've read SE's description and recipe for the BS ACV wash (link below) andunfortunately at the moment i don't have any rosemary oil.I'm set on lavender and tea tree! I'm going to be doing the BS ACV wash and I was wondering what people's experiences were with any of these essential oils;

Bergamot, Mandarin, Rose, Geranium, Peppermint....(on a side note Vanilla, i don't expect this to be good but im curious)

Would love to hear what you beautiful people have tried, smelled and enjoyed!

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for

updated by @kaarliebirdie: 01/13/15 09:39:19PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

Cool! normally i always use some tea tree, then ill use rosemary and lavandar on an as need basis. i just got sage, its pretty awesome i think :)

it is fun experimenting :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

pepermint i use but overdo it and your eyes will be burning nose running etc

the rest im not so sure about the properties of them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sage is amazing. If you use peppermint, don't use a lot. It's strong. And it is pretty caustic to the skin. In that much water you'd be fine. But if you use it for anything else, make sure you dilute it with either water or, better yet, jojoba oil.

As for washing, I usually used teatree (good for your skin and hair), rosemary (promotes hair growth and healthy hair), and peppermint for itchies. When I felt like it I loved adding lavender or sage.

If you want to be exciting, try eucalyptus and spearmint. Or ginger and orange

KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
12 years ago
22 posts

Rosemary and sage are now on my to obtain list! ooh orange and spearmint would make a zesty combination!

Baba Fats said:

Sage is amazing. If you use peppermint, don't use a lot. It's strong. And it is pretty caustic to the skin. In that much water you'd be fine. But if you use it for anything else, make sure you dilute it with either water or, better yet, jojoba oil.

As for washing, I usually used teatree (good for your skin and hair), rosemary (promotes hair growth and healthy hair), and peppermint for itchies. When I felt like it I loved adding lavender or sage.

If you want to be exciting, try eucalyptus and spearmint. Or ginger and orange

KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
12 years ago
22 posts

haha that would be so far from fun :P i'll do some research and experiment, report on how things go :)

soaring eagle said:

pepermint i use but overdo it and your eyes will be burning nose running etc

the rest im not so sure about the properties of them

KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
12 years ago
22 posts

thanks i'll give it a try!

Castaway J said:

Cool! normally i always use some tea tree, then ill use rosemary and lavandar on an as need basis. i just got sage, its pretty awesome i think :)

it is fun experimenting :)

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
12 years ago
102 posts
Tea Tree/Lavender are must haves (creepy crawlies/mildew preventative). Rosemary is also pretty good, but not neccisary. The rest is more personal. I happen to love peppermint. Especially when I accidently use too much :D. It's also suppose to be an disinfectant, but that could just be the plant only and not the oil.Anyone got any good combinations for...smell...?Maybe I'll try out another combination once my peppermint runs out.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form