Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Path of Truth

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Dreadlocks is my truth. I had natural dreads from age 24-34 approx. I cut them off nearly three years ago. When I had straight hair, I was not being true to myself, I thought maybe I can look more "normal" to the general population. there were a few reasons. In hindsight, I should have kept my dreads, but I also understand everything happens for a reason, I accept it totally. I now have dreads again, not as natural, backcombed, alot of the backcombed 'dreads' fell apart anyway, half my head is natural, in time I will have a full head of dreads. The feeling in my heart is wonderful, I have a spriritual life, my dreads are not a seperate spirituality, they are apart of it, they are a natural truth to who I am. I believe when we are living 'our' own personal truth everything else in life falls beautifully into place, giving us a beautiful sense of spirituality. There is truth everywhere in this world, beings willing to be a part of our life, and I believe when we are true to ourselves the whole world opens up. The path of truth for me is a dreadlocked man.

SometimesI can't believe I cut ten years of dreads off, in all honesty I barely think about the past, I remember the cut dreads with humour as if I am a child, silly boy, haha.

I find it a little difficult to articulate the feelings in my heart regarding dreads and love and spirituality. In short, I feel normal again, on my life path as usual but with my dreadlocks again. Anyone else on their second dread journey?

updated by @tim5: 01/13/15 09:38:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i know what you mean completely!bi had a set b4 this (congoed and crazy)

i cut em for a career i didnt want but was pushed into

luckily i broke my back after graduastion so was saved from thast career and was able to grow my dreads again this time till the day i die

but in that dreadless year i didt feel like me ..not even a shadow of me..less then that

i went through the motions of living but wasnt really alive at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I'm on my first set but I feel the same as you. I hope I have my dreads forever.

My dad had dreads before I was born. He had them for 6 years and cut them off for a job, which he quit later anyway. He wants them still but says he's "worked to hard for my step-moms family to except him". Its true though, they used to just deny the fact that my mom&dad were together! When they finally got married her family was mad, but afterwards really warmed up to my dad. Everyone's cool now, and my dad doesn't want to mess it up. I say fuck them! Uhem, excuse my language. But yeah! If people can't except you for who you are, what good are they?

My dad wanted to die with dreads. He told me that some strictRastafarians will end up with one big congo because they don'tbelievein touching their hair. My dad thought that was cool and said he pictured himself that way when he was an old man. I'm so sad for my dad's dreads :/

At least you're regrowing your's, thanks for being yourself. People just beingthemselvesmakes for a beautiful world.

Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
12 years ago
43 posts

i guess this could be considered my second journey, though my first was quite short. i had dreads for just a few weeks when i was younger before my mom made me brush them out.

I love what you said "the path of truth for me is a dreadlocked man." i totally relate to that feeling...my hair has always seemed to want to dread, i'm happy that i am finally letting it run the natural course. This same idea is also how i explained a tattoo, saying that i am simply expressing myself as an individual in a part of society...haha. but seriously, very cool. happy that you're refacing your true self :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form