dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading Method

Samoan Empire
@samoan-empire
12 years ago
2 posts

Hey,

I am Caucasian and I have bone straight hair. So far I wash with non residue shampoo and do a acv condition once a week and spray my hair with sea salt water daily.I know that SE is all about neglect, but next week I am going to box braid my 3 inch hair (because I want a grid pattern) with extensions (because my dread help royally screwed up my 14 inch long hair and i miss my length) and let the new growth do what it will do. I am planing to do weekly sectioning maintenance and palm roll my new groth once a month.

I have never read anyone try this and I hope to hear about everyone's opinion

updated by @samoan-empire: 01/13/15 09:38:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why

your not going to dread at 3 inches

palm rolling does nothing worthwhile

braids take longer to dread then neglect does they have to unbraid 1st but 1st u need more length for any method to work

u should start taking niotin to u=increase growth rate start neglu]ecting from here as it grows by the time the biotin speeds up the growth yoiur going to be nicely sectioned and in a month or so hit that mark the magic length to dread

u can tnr or continue natural

byt raids to dreads will take longer then natural

how wu=ill u attach extentions with o dreads to extend?

besides almost everyone cuts them off they just dont feel real

id just grow it out till its long enough

oh how was the 14 incges screwed up last time

salon?

wax?

crocht?

if u start off right theis time they can last a lifetime

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts
I have straight hair too! How long have you actually been neglecting? My hair has taken longer than others....but it dreaded! When you have really short hair it takes longer still...but they come! I have friends who started out with shaved head! They said it was maybe a year or two before it got long enough to start really tangling...it's just part of the process of natural/neglect!The self satisfaction of having the patience is just part of the journey! You can be so much more proud getting there than caving in to impatience for the final result.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form