Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many beads is too many?

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

I'm sure the answer is somewhere buried in the mounds of wisdom in these forums, but I couldn't find it. Can you pretty much put beads on every dreadlock if you wanted to? Is there a limit or will using too many cause any damage? Thanks!

updated by @taby: 02/14/15 11:33:09AM
Tazz
@tazz
12 years ago
17 posts

As long as the material is good, just on as many as you want.

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

Thank you guys. I got random beads from the craft store. Are there bad kinds of beads I shouldn't use? I'll definitely keep my eye out for stray beads so they don't get stuck, thanks!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

When my wife had locks, she called her hair her toy box because it had so much stuff in it. Rock whatever makes you feel good about yourself

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

Haha, that's awesome! My husband was making fun of all the beads in my hair tonight. They make me feel awesome, though. I'm going to remember that, "toy box". :)

Baba Fats said:

When my wife had locks, she called her hair her toy box because it had so much stuff in it. Rock whatever makes you feel good about yourself

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Toy box....hahahaha!

I've known of people hiding hand cuff keys in dreads long enough to reach if handcuffed...

I was going to put some of my dog's fur in it...but...then I realized that when dog hair gets wet...it smells like wet dog...and...

I don't wanna smell like wet dog when my hair is wet...

I can't keep the cat hair out...we sleep cuddled up...

It really is cool all that people put in their hair. One of the wonderful things about dreads.

Someone I ran into.....somewhere...mighta been a coffee shop in a city I was driving through at one point...or...

I decide to just leave sometimes...and see where I go...anyway...

The lady had wove in a few of her daughter's locks into her hair...her daughter had passed away and during the radiation treatments her hair fell out...so...she has her daughter part of her...always this way.

but...anything really is game I'm sure...it's just another part of you to decorate.

even if it's just to decorate for the day or occasion and not to be removed!

I honestly don't know what my personal limit would be.

I have just one bead...and it gets smacked around...

it may need a new home..

lucky it was tied away when I accidentally smacked my last bf with my pony tail...slapped him across the face with my hair...hahaha

are you just playing...or...are these permanent? things to keep in mind...

I sorta like it when I see people put metal rings in their hair.

that is...metal rings that are REAL metal that won't rust or...gross out...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

My limit is 5 beads 2 wrap. But I'm simple. Every bead is either a coconut seed, glass or peyote stitch. I know I'm boring. lol.

Eagle and I know a girl who used to have a tiny barbie doll, maybe 4 inches tall, tied to one of her locks. That's excessive to me

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

That is to me too. I have a pure silver hand made ring I might add soon and let it get locked on...

I personally won't put something in that's not just gonna stay. Except for my first ear piercing...I haven't even changed the jewelry in 5 years. Their stainless steel capture beads. :)

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

A baby doll does seem excessive. :) Apparently you can hide all sorts of stuff in dreadlocks! I think I'll just stick to beads for now...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Star, that's such a cool idea with the earrings. I wish I still had my favorite one. I took all of my piercings out years ago and let all but my lobes close up (my lobes will never close completely). I had one capture ring with a cool charm on it. I think I threw it out one day when we went on a deep cleaning spree. I didn't think I'd ever wear it again, and now I want it back

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form