Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DREAD PROBLEM! Help appreciated!

Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Hey everyone, Firs up I'd like to say I'mAn idiot for doing what I did to that one dreadlock that I'm having a problem with. Well pretty much my hair dreads a lot faster at the back than the front, a few months ago, before I attained the dread knowledge largely provided by SE and this forum I platted three of the semi dreads at the front of my head into a single dread permenantly. I just thought it was interesting to try something I had heard noone doing well anyway I kept continuously platting and re platting it and eventually I came to a problem. The dread had thoroughly locked up at the roots and the plat had come together at the first few inches very strongly however the end was still very much separated and being a dumass I decided I needed to join up the tip which was still separated into three. I bought some dhhq products ages ago on impulse thinking that was the ideal way to go about getting dreads but boy was I wrong. After i bought them I read the ingredients and then searched up reviews of the product and found out that they suck arse. I threw them out without even opening them. But I hadn't thrown away one product... The dread comb DUN DUN DUUUNNNN excuse me... Continuing my story I had that god dam comb and feeling disparate i decided to give it a shot and back combed the tip of my platdread to make them into one. Anyway I thought it was a good idea and felt satisfied even after I had used it. Well now I have one half platted, half back combed dread that has a random bunch of thin haired fluff at the end. I don't know what to do with it , should I wait it out and hope it will fix itself up? Should I chop it off and let it grow again from square one (I'm happy to do that but would prefer not to)? Please share your thoughts with me, all advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading peeps. P.S every day this forum is able to inspire me and I give props to SE for all his good work.
updated by @ahil-ganesan: 01/13/15 09:37:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well picture would help

but on here theres a guy from philly paul i think but might use a diferent name in my photos theres a picture of him takin at 1 of the rainbow picnics hes got pretty long thick dreads that look very braidy but dready too he braided 3 dreads (all his head but 3 dreads each) into 1 draid he calls them wait was it draids or breads i know breads cant be right must be draids

anywho it looks rather ..interetijg..diferent.unique unusual

im not sure what harm the backcomb and braid thing did but the ending result might just give it a lil intersting twist or something

and not be a dread death situation worth worrying aboiut

tho ..pics will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts

thanks alot for that SE judging by what you said i reckon its best for me to stick it out,

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form