Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Uprising

Samson
@samson
12 years ago
21 posts

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jeffrey Matos and I'm writing this from the city that never sleeps. My journey started as a promise I made to myself that I could finish what I started. So, I'm 6 months in and patiently waiting for my first lock to appear but I know it takes time. I come from Dominican decent so my hair is somewhat a mix of Black and Spanish making my hair nappy/curly which from what I hear my hair type is one of the easiest to dread. This site is inspiring to many dread heads around the world and I'm just happy to be a part of it.

One Love.

updated by @samson: 01/13/15 09:37:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes it should be easyu how long is it

do u run yiour fingers thriugh alot

theres really no finnish line and its not a race so it dont matter if its fast or slow

and you never get to a point where u say im done

so carry on for life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Hey Jeffrey, I feel your pain I started dreading from bald so I had to wait ages for my hair to grow and then ages for my hair to dread, yeh as SE suggested do you run your hands through your hair a lot? Maybe there is something your doing that is halting the dread process? Well I wish you luck with your journey and if you've been waiting 6 months for your dreads I think the wait will be over soon. P.S new York is the place I want to visit most in the world.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Welcome from the state under you. I'm from the city of brotherly love.

Your hair will lock in due time. Mine took a year to see any progress at all. Ixchel is about 8-9 months in and just seeing some knotting starting. It happens differently for everyone.

Check out the timeline forums if you ever feel discouraged. But my best advice is to pull down or cover up your mirrors. Only look at your progress in your shadow or the periodic reflection in a car window.

Samson
@samson
12 years ago
21 posts

Thanks for the feedback guys

My hair if pulled down reaches my eyebrows so its about from two to three inches. I do run my fingers through my hair from time to time, I had no idea that would slow down the process. I'm willing to wait years to see my hair mature and lock over time.

Good Advice Baba Fats, I'll stay away from mirrors

P.S. New York is a great place to visit

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form