Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential Oils Question

Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts
Earlier today I found a cheap bottle of lavender essential oil at Wal-Mart (couldn't find rosemary or tea tree), but upon further examination of the bottle, I've noticed it says "CONTAINS essential oils" at the top, and on the bottom it says "Highly Fragranced Warming Oil". The ingredients list doesn't yield any more information. I found it and other oils near a fragrance diffusion shelf, and am worried about its purity and residues. Would this be safe to use in my BS/ACV wash?
updated by @jordan3: 01/13/15 09:37:20PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Cheap oils usually mean they aren't very pure. That's what Sandlewood is SO expensive. Like $25 for .5 ounces. I wouldn't use it in your wash. It's probably more of a massage oil than an oil used for washing with

Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts
I had suspected...thanks for the warning, glad I know not to ruin my hair with it now.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

yeah...if it says warming oil...it means it is NOT for the skin either! It's probably just for an incense....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

is the bottle brown does it have a lil plastic dropper top thingy

some aromatherapy oils or fragrence oils are labled essential oils but arent

in featured discussions rgeres 1 called buying essential oils

very detailed on the subject

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts
It's clear with a light amber hue, and it just has a twist lid with a small hole on top of the bottle.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Plastic or glass?

It sounds like it is for using in a diffuser for aromatherapy. Definitely doesn't seem like you should use it on your skin

Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts
Plastic. And I just happened to notice that there's a fine print disclaimer that says "caution: skin and eye irritant." So glad I didn't try it.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Definitely good you didn't try it!

Essential oils are one item you never want to go cheap on.

It's just one of those things that's worth your investment.

Even though they are expensive...only a drop or two is all you need for most uses meaning you won't have to purchase again for a long time!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

All essential oils are skin and eye irritants. You NEVER want to apply them directly to your skin without diluting them first. You can dilute them in water, like in your wash, or jojoba/ sweet almond oil. Both of which are applicators.

Some EO's are less irritating, but some, like peppermint, can burn at full strength

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form