Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does thin hair dread faster?

Jah-Lu
@jah-lu
12 years ago
8 posts

I have been letting my hair free-form for about 3 months now. I wash with baking soda and essential oils, doing an ACV rinse about once a week, and dr bronners about ever 2 weeks. I naturally have thick hair and loose curls, so i assumed my hair would dread up quite fast. I am now starting to second guess my original theory.

My mom just started neglecting the comb/brush a week ago, and has almost a full head of locks already! It's amazing how fast her hair is dreading. We have pretty much opposite hair. Hers is very very fine and straight as an arrow. I'm just wondering why it is that her hair is locking so much faster. It's actually a bit frustrating cause i've been going 3 months and have maybe 10 baby dreads, while shes only gone a week and already hasnoticeableknots. Any natural dready would recognize her hair as baby dreads, where as mine is just a bunch of curls. I have my hands in my hair a lot, so im thinking that may have something to do with it. I'm just confused as to why mine are taking so long. How long did some of your guys' hair take to dread (people with similar hair to me)?

updated by @jah-lu: 01/13/15 09:37:20PM
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
I started dreading from bald so it was painstakingly slow but eventually the whole process went faster and faster. You might think you won't develop it but if you stick to growing dreads you will automatically become more patient and accepting of your hair. And I think (correct me if I'm wrong), as someone with very curly hair , that dreads come out a lot faster the more curly your hair is. But everyone is different. Good luck and keep patient, if you stick it out your dreads will look dope
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mine dreaded fast

its probly more length and the hands in the hair thing

keep your habds out and see

cool that moms dreading with u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

my super fine and straight hair takes FOREVER to dread...

It just might be an individual thing. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form