Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A little more advice. :)

Thane Andrew Fox * Dancing Fox *
@thane-andrew-fox-dancing-fox
12 years ago
7 posts

M,kay. So I backcombed my dreads to start them off and then I stupidly used the wax that I bought from DHHQ. I've got no products to help me fully remove the wax but I only applied it on 2 or 3 seperate days and not even to all of my dreads. I mean, all of them got a small dose of the wax. But I didn't wax each dread on the days I chose to use the wax. As I have no products to help me remove the wax from my hair i've been blowdrying and using a paper towel to absorb it and taking extremely hot showers ( To the point where my scalp is screaming at me telling me to stop ), taking out the rubber bands and completley ceasing all unnatural methods of dreading. I do not prefer having to comb them out as there are quite a few but if that really would help, I guess the hours i'd spend doing so would be worth it. But that's why i'm attaching pics to see what you all think. I need help gauging the severity of what's happened with my hair. LUCKILY, i did not backcomb the roots so well as most of them (90 % of them roughly) have slipped loose and the only part that remains knotted is the dreads themselves. I am hoping that my dreads will get thicker as well. The sections range from a half inch to one inch. God I truly wish I had started this naturally. My hair tangled well usually anyways. -.- Regret is an ugly feeling. However, I have faith in the almighty that my dreads can be restored to a more natural state and begin the true journey of locks.

A few things to keep in mind, my hair is semi-thin. I've not had a haircut in about 3 years so my hair was relatively long to start. Also it was starting to recede ever so slightly on the top near my part. But not so much that it was noticeable until I pointed it out.

My locks are part of my vow to Jah Rastafari to transcend the external vanity that is so unbelievably rampant in this world. I am working to reject everything created in babylon, even changing my diet to underscore my seriousness of this new found faith of mine. So it's extremely important to me.

Be as harsh as you need to be when you see the pictures. Truth and Reality go hand in hand and ill need both. Thank you for listening my brothers and sisters.

Love and prosperity be with all of you,

Rastafari,

Fox

P.S.

This is a question more of perspective and curiosity, but will my dreads get any thicker?? I love my dreadlings to death and will not part with them even if they don't get bigger. I know it all depends on the size of the sections, but asI said before my sections range in size from 1/2 inch to 1 inch.

Thank you so much, I LOVE YOU ALL!

updated by @thane-andrew-fox-dancing-fox: 01/13/15 09:37:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

was going to ask if it was melted in byt by the pics i think i can say for sure it was

u cant afford the wax be gone?

if not well heres what id recomend

1 soak in straight vinager dont dilute it

then the very hot rater and lots of dawn dish soap or simulkar grease ci]=utting dish soap

repeat r5eo[peat repeat till you can afford the wax b gone

yea they will thicken up as they actuaky dread the wax has to come out so theyt can dread and thicken

1/2qinch is average thickness 1 inch is thick so your good there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I was going to say what SE said.

How old are the dreadlings? They'll be ok. Just remember they're going to go thru a lot of loosening up and maybe even coming completely out. That's all totally normal. Then they'll kink and loop and zigzag and do all sorts of interesting things. That's all normal too. They're going to shrink quite a bit. Pretty much anything that will cause trepidation is completely normal. That's why it's a journey!

12 years ago
7 posts

Thankboth for the quick replies. :) I am definitley going to do that then. :) Thank you so much and Jah bless.

LOVE :)

Dancing Fox

12 years ago
7 posts

They are 11 days old. :) Very new. Need to get this disgusting, bought on lies dread wax out of my hair. -.- I can't believe I fell for that. I didn't evenwant it forthe "quick dreads" i wanted it because everyone said that's how you do it. Andi'm just embarassed because i'musually so much more intelligent than that, but I trulylet my excitement get the best of me there. The natural route feels so much better already. Norubberbands, no wasteduseless waxing time, just all natural. It figures. I should haveknown better. All things in nature are most wonderful.

Yea, they've loosened up a bit already. And i'm very happy about that. Well I better get to the store. Gotta go get me some vinegar if I don't have it already. xD

Thanks again so much! :)

Mons said:

I was going to say what SE said.

How old are the dreadlings? They'll be ok. Just remember they're going to go thru a lot of loosening up and maybe even coming completely out. That's all totally normal. Then they'll kink and loop and zigzag and do all sorts of interesting things. That's all normal too. They're going to shrink quite a bit. Pretty much anything that will cause trepidation is completely normal. That's why it's a journey!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Don't forget the Dawn dishsoap!! lol

So many do get sucked into the wax/dreads have to be made idea. Don't beat yourself up over it. We just don't know where to start or what to do. So we hit the google button and what pops up first? DreadHeadHQ! So we read and read and read and we search some more and they all lead us back to DHHQ. We ask around and everyone says DHHQ wax is the best! I personally didn't have the funds to buy wax at the time so I just went ahead and had someone backcomb them thinking I would get the wax in a few days. During those few days I kept googling how to make dreads and finally came across this site. I haven't touched them except to wash and separate and decorate since then. I'm a fairly intelligent woman..I can use my brain now and then. But for some reason I couldn't get it that dreads happen naturally until after the fact. Like you it didn't seem right to do all that work! I have kinda forgotten what the point was now.

Anyway you have nice baby dreadies...they've had a rough start but now it's time to nurture them and love them into healthiness.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form