Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS/ACV for "mature loc's" only???

BeauZay
@beauzay
12 years ago
92 posts

I'm having a personal message conversation with someone on youtube about doing the BS/ACV wash/rinse on my 3 month old dreads. She says, "...you're only 3 months into your locs and only time will tell if the rinse has damaged your hair later on. the rinse will dry your hair and can lead to thinning and later breakage."

is any part of what she just said accurate? Should I not be doing my wash/rinse 2-3 times a week? What she is saying is the total opposite of what I've read on this site. I just want to make sure I'm not going to cause thinning or breakage? lol. Thanks in advance.

updated by @beauzay: 01/13/15 09:37:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Who is it you're talking to? The reason that the BS ACV washes so good for baby dreads is it's a no touch method so you're not unknotting knots. Baking soda by itself will dry her hair, but ACV restores the pH balance. So that it's healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Sounds like you are talking to that crazy salt lady from dreadheadhq

--
BeauZay
@beauzay
12 years ago
92 posts

A african american female that has pretty long dreads. She has a tutorial on how to do the BS/ACV "on mature loc's". Thanks soaring eagle, thats what I thought. I don't know how it would lead to breakage or thinning if I'm doing the wash and the rinse.

BeauZay
@beauzay
12 years ago
92 posts

Lmaoo! You could be right, I'm not positive who that lady is though.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why would it matter how mature the locs are hairs hair but african hairs more dry by default anyway

--
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
BS/ACV is a pretty popular alternative to shampoo and conditioner, even for people without dreads, so I don't know where she's getting the idea that it's harmful.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its youtube youtubes a horible place for advice after all theres vids of people stickijg firecraxckers up their own butts or setting their friends hair on fire

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form