Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fighting the urge

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
I'm about a month into my natural dreads and everything is going swimmingly. I've even got a few massive loops and open wraps going on and my hair is looking better and better every day.However, I got bored the other day and made a TnR dread towards the front of my head and popped a bead on it. Despite it not being natural and being effing fuzzy, I'm already in love with it.I expressed to my boyfriend that depending on how it handles being washed, I'm considering doing 1-3 TnR dreads a day until my whole head is done or I get bored with it. It seems like a nice idea to me, but he raised a valid point. He told me I'd probably regret it in the future because I won't have been able to watch them grow. He's pretty biased because he's loving watching their progress, but it doesn't make him any less right.It feels like a lot to think about but I still keep finding myself fiddling with individual sections, wanting to TnR them. The way I see it, by only doing a couple a day, I can stop anytime and let the rest of my hair do it's thing. Despite all that, I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do.
updated by @hayleyb124: 01/13/15 09:36:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ill tell u what i told a guy on youtube

think of it this way your starting a family ..ok its a dread family on yoir head but think of em as yoir babies your family

when you meet a guy and decide its time to start a family do you

a have alotta lovin sex ab=nd wait till the day the mitracle happens go throigh the pregenancy the disconfort just to have that day when u give birt look into that childs eyes for the 1st time then watch it grow sure theres alotta puke and ..worse from tge other end for awhu[]ile but u watch that baby grow then crawl and step and walk and talk and one day sing maybe get a carrer that makes u proud when they mature

or do u adopt an 80 year old skipping by it all (but still getting to change diapers)

maybe instead u adopt a 5 year old still a choilkd u still love it from day 1 still watch it mature

but what did u miss out on? the loving sex the pregnant expectation the euphoria and rush of love when u 1st hold that child that caused all that 12 hours of screamming pain that aww momment when it 1st dribbled drool down its chin then the oh my god when the drool disapeared behind a fountain of vomit

ok maybe concentrating on pain and vomits not the best way ti make this point 93 am rambling)

but u see my point u miss out on their births r[the earliest momments of bonding

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
Haha oh wow. SE, that was the greatest analogy I've ever read and I can't wait for my boyfriend to get home from work so I can read it to him.It definitely puts things in a different perspective for me. Especially the part about changing an 80 year old's diaper. It's gonna be hard to forget that one lol. My hair and spirit will likely thank me in the future and they're probably thanking you right now.I just need to let go of my impatience. I don't even take daily pictures anymore and only realized it had been a month when I looked at the date of the pictures on my phone.By nature I'm a relatively patient person and my hair should be no exception :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well ive had the opurtunity ti hang out with baba ram dass a few times for extended periods and i guess the whole anology thing he does wore off on me a bit haha

(or maybe its just being tired)

but please dont stop takingpictures they dont gotta be every day but we want to share in yoir journey too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

SE, that's the best way of looking at dreading ever :) absolutely brilliant, I love your mind.

Well, I backcombed my hair and I missed out on a lot. I combed out a few a while back, so I get to experience the natural process too, but even so, it's better to be more patient with the natural process than to jump in to twist and rip. If a few more months down the line you feel the same way, fair enough, but if you twist and rip some now just to satisfy that urge to do it, then you won't be able to go back (except by completely undoing any progress).

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form